Because I knew you, I have been changed for good

 

Last Thursday night, my mum, sister and I went to see Wicked: The Musical in the city! 

We quickly dressed and rushed there after work and made it just in the nick of time before the 7pm start. We marvelled at the ceiling and Romeo and Juliet style balcony.

I even spotted a handful of Australian TV personalities, walking through a roped off area, which is something I've never seen here in Melbourne. Usually, we all just walk through the same entrance! 



I absolutely love The Wizard of Oz as you may have noticed here and here and quite enjoyed Wicked The Musical, with its perspective of two witches Elphaba and Glinda from the Land of Oz. The set was wonderful, with references to the Land of Oz such as the Emerald City, cornfield and a field of poppies.

It was lovely to see so many beautifully dressed audience members, with many of them wearing the colour emerald.

I loved the enchanting costumes and the singing was absolutely amazing. Even though I wasn't familiar with the storyline of Wicked, I knew the songs: For Good, Popular and Defying Gravity. The finale song For Good even brought a tear to my eye. 





Thank you to my camera-shy sister for organising this night out. I love you. X



Outfit details:
Velvet dress: Hand-me-down from my mum's wardrobe.
Bolero and Bag: Opshop/Market finds.
Ballet flats: Diana Ferrari.

Title: For Good from Wicked The Musical.

Comments

  1. What an amazing venue, and both you and your Mum are dressed to the nines again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. It was a fun night. Thanks Ann xx

      Delete
  2. You and your Mum look amazing, Jess! I love outings like this - they are such fun experiences, and create memories to be treasured. I haven't seen Wicked, but I know "Defying Gravity." I'm excited for the Cynthia Erivo/Ariana Grande movie version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your Mum look fabulous, Jess! I'm not a fan of musicals unless you include the film Mama Mia which I've learnt to love (as long as you turn the sound down when Pierce Brosnan sings!) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand