Don't want to open my eyes when we fall in love if it's just a dream...

Our next day on holiday began with a sunny morning walk on the beach. My mum and I love starting our day this way when in Eden.

For lunch, my family and I went to a new pub that looked quite fancy from the outside and inside. Look at the chandeliers and giant chairs! Everyone who passed wanted to take a photo in it! Despite the interesting interiors, the food was a bit of a disappointment. Plus it arrived in cardboard boxes and trays and I just cringed at all the waste.


We ended the afternoon with a golden gaytime icecream by the beach. 

The next day, my cheeky boyfriend surprised me by driving out to Eden earlier than I had expected. I thought he'd arrive in the afternoon but instead I woke up at 6.24am to a text that said "I hope you're not too surprised by this but I'm here!" Naturally I ran out of the cabin, told him off for driving 7 hours through the windy roads at night and then covered him in kisses. 

We made a big breakfast - eggs, tomatoes and onions on toast - which came to be my favourite brekkie on holiday. For lunch, my boyfriend and I ate kebabs and chips by the Eden surf beach, across the road from an old, pretty cemetery. We shivered in the cold to enjoy the ocean view. Then we drove to Merimbula and stopped off at the Pambula opshop, lollyshop and even popped our heads into a cute vintage tea room. In Merimbula, we browsed the shops, I bought fairyfloss (my sister's favourite) and we got caught in the rain. 

We ended the day with my mum's lovely pork roast, crackle, potatoes and salad for dinner, with some raspberry gin decorated with fairyfloss! 





See you in my next holiday post!



Title: Just a Dream by Lisa Marie Presley.
(I'm heartbroken by her passing. Despite being a fan of her father's, I always loved Lisa in her own right, her songs and her personality. I hope her daughters, mother and loved ones will be okay without her.)






Comments

  1. It sounds like you're having a fabulous time, Jess! How sweet of your boyfriend to drive through the night to surprise you.
    Love that picture of you in the huge chair, like something out of Alice in Wonderland. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing with Vix that the picture of you in that huge chair is very reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland.
    Sounds like the most perfect holiday, especially with your boyfriend arriving earlier than expected.
    Oh, and my mouth is watering at the sight of that pork roast! Yummy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann!
      I had to take a photo in the giant chair!
      It was delicious, my mum is the best cook.
      X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds