Where'd all the time go, it's starting to fly

 Life lately... has been busy, has been happy, has been sad. There have been so many deaths this year. I feel sad for my loved ones who have lost family. It puts my stress over finishing reports into perspective. I've also recovered from Covid, I've had it 3 times now. I was very sick this last time but am glad it's over.


Now onto the happy things. Some Christmas snapshots from the mall. For me, Christmas is such a happy time because it brings back memories with my grandparents, family and friends.


Earlier in November, we also celebrated my friend's daughter's 1st birthday. Isn't my friend Renee gorgeous? And she has the most adorable little one.




I wore my new-to-me white dress for the party. I think I paid $10 for it at a market. I haven't been to many markets lately but this was a good find. I'm always on the lookout for a beautiful, white, summer-y dress and this one is perfect. 


My mum wore her blue dress that she made herself. Doesn't she look beautiful?


My mum and I have decided to go on lots of walks lately. Luckily we have some nice walking areas and parks near us. This area with the long grass is a special First Nations site, which is only burnt once a year.



I also celebrated my boyfriend's birthday last weekend. I made him a pavlova, his favourite cake and we had a nice dinner with his family.




 
I hope you're having a wonderful day, whatever you're up to. X

Title: Where'd all the time go by Dr Dog.

 

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you've got Covid 3 times, and that you were feeling so sick the last time. Glad to hear you've fully recovered and were able to enjoy walks with your Mum and celebrate your boyfriend's birthday! Both your new white Summer dress and your Mum's own creation are adorable! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Ann.
      I'm all better now!
      X

      Delete
  2. Having Covid three times is such bad luck. I'm glad you're on the mend now. Your white dress is lovely, I can't get enough of them either!
    Wishing Pat a belated happy birthday from a fellow Sagittarian! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vix!
      We both have a thing for white dresses, don't we? They look beautiful at the beach.
      X

      Delete
  3. Yikes, you had Covid three times?? That sucks, Jess! I hope you are all better now! I love seeing you and your mum - you both look lovely in your dresses. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shiela!
      Once wasn't enough, haha.
      I think I must be more susceptible to it.
      X

      Delete
  4. Hiya Jess, glad you are feeling better. Isn't your boyfriend lucky - just look at that pavlova cake! What a lovely picture of you in your white dress, in front of the red flowering Bottle Brush plant. Of course your mam and friend with little tot look absolutely gorgeous too. Interesting that you say that park is burnt once a year - is that a controlled burn? I hope you are enjoying the festivities :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he is lucky, I tell him often haha!
      Yes it is a controlled burn.
      X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds