Don't torture yourself Gomez, that's my job

I got into my recreation mode this October whilst others were dressing up for Halloween.  I like the idea of dressing up, but Halloween isn't a big thing here in Australia. In 2020, I posted some photos of me recreating some vintage photos/outfits and I felt inspired to do the same again this year.


From 2020...

Double denim to recreate Michael Hutchence's look. Having curly hair helps too!

All leopard for Rod Stewart!

More leopard to recreate Sophia Loren's look, this time using a fluffy coat. 

A pink and gold shiny moment for Priscilla Presley's outfit. I actually saw this dress of hers in person earlier in the year when I went to the Elvis Exhibition in Bendigo. She was so petite, the dress looked like it could fit a child.


As for this year, I styled 3 recreation looks...


My favourite Rolling Stone Keith Richards, dressed in costume for the Rock 'n' Roll circus back in the sixties. For this look, I borrowed my mum's top hat and trench coat. I made the eye patch using black paper and wore some string and pearls around my neck. Do you think Keith would approve?


Using the top hat again, I recreated Stevie Nicks' long, flowy and black look. It was fun twirling around in the garden in my bargain ($10!!) vintage Ossie Clark dress.



I've saved my favourite recreation look for last - Morticia Addams! Cutting the bud off roses of course! My boyfriend loved this photo too.



I would've loved to do more looks, but I've been busy with reports, so I'm happy I could manage these 3 photos this year.

Do you have a favourite photo?

As you can see by the Christmas cups in the last photo, I am ready for the Christmas season! Are you?
X



Comments

  1. These are all brilliant, Jess, but although I'm swooning over the Ossie Clark dress, my favourite is Morticia. You look stunning in that photo, no wonder your boyfriend loved it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Morticia outfit is my favourite too.
      By coincidence the show 'Wednesday' came out late this year. It was good.
      Did you watch it?
      X

      Delete
  2. Morticia is my favourite too Jess! My youngest daughter is a bit like Wednesday Adams :0 She would greatly enjoy the drama of the rose beheading. I saw my first Christmas tree today ( a neighbour's, in full passing view of the window) & I'm not ready!!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's so fab!
      Oh, I love seeing Christmas trees up nice and early.
      X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds