I can see paradise by the dashboard light

 

My final holiday blog post takes us to our second last day in Eden. My family, boyfriend and I drove to Tathra, up all the small, windy roads until we finally made it to a wharf with beautiful beach views.

   



My sister bought us icecreams and I loved the flavours I picked - chocolate and ginger. 


On the way back to the cabin, we stopped to take photos in front of the whale wall. It's a huge wall on the side of a hippy shop that is wonderfully painted by a local artist (I can only assume). It looks so detailed and perfectly portrays Eden and it's whaling history.

 

Back at the cabin, I had to take photos in front of another wall - the fish wall. The shared laundry is decorated so creatively, don't you think? My sister and I have been taking photos in front of this wall every year since we were little. Giving the fish a smooch is all part of the fun and tradition!


Outfit details: 

Sunglasses, butterfly pendant, gingham dress, mustard sandals: all market finds. Feel free to call me the secondhand queen!

 

Pat and I did a bit of cooking together on holiday and on this particular day we made a BBQ with onions, meat, patties and sausages, with mum making a salad. The night before, Pat and I made Hawaiian Ham - ham, cheese and pineapple on the BBQ. It turned out quite nice. The mussels we'd collected from the rocks were an added delight.

The next day, we said goodbye to our much loved Eden and made the 8 hour drive home. My mum always has a little cry before she goes. 



I'm delighted to have made new memories here after the last two years of bushfires and border closures put a strain on our holidays. This time round, we had lots of sunshine, swimming, teas by the beach, little day trips out and delicious food to enjoy. I hope you enjoyed tagging along! X

 

Title: Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf.

Comments

  1. I loved every minute! Yours and your Mum's pretty dresses, the murals and the gorgeous beach - and seeing how happy you are with Pat! Fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely it was to vicariously enjoy your holiday through your blog posts! It's always lovely to see you and your Mum's outfits, and the scenery and food always looks very tempting indeed. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paradise indeed! Looks like you guys really had a wonderful time. You and your mom looks so gorgeous on your dresses :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds