Let me take you down 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields


Earlier in March, my family and I had a nice day out to a Bacchus Marsh strawberry farm. We've visited before and do so most summers. I had just started my first week of work and was happy to get out on a sunny Saturday. 


I wore my white 'Seed' dress with big ruffle sleeves, bought at a secondhand market for $10 (a good score as I've heard Seed clothing can be expensive!) I last wore this dress over a year ago when we were surrounded by the bush-fire smoke in NSW. It's good to now associate this dress with a lovely day out picking strawberries. I also wore my op-shopped jelly shoes ($2) vintage belt ($5) and beaded bag ($5), mum's hat and some sunnies ($1). Gosh I'm cheap - my outfit only cost $23!


Mum wore her gingham skirt that she made herself. She paired it with a mustard yellow shirt that has a sharp dagger collar. Mum has a thing for collars and I just love her outfit. Perfect for a strawberry field outing.


Mum, dad, my sister and I really enjoyed picking our own strawberries. Walking down just one long row of plants, we picked enough strawberries to fill three 1kg tubs. There were SO many strawberries, probably thousands that hadn't been picked yet. The sweet aroma in the air was wonderful.


For lunch, we drove down the Avenue of Honour and had some Asian food. I had a BBQ port banh mi - delicious! We also spotted a couple of op-shops to explore, one of which I found my first bakelite bangle years ago.


When we got home, I made us bowls of vanilla ice-cream topped with our freshly picked strawberries and a sprinkle of Marsala - yum! Overall, it was a beautiful day and we made plans to visit a strawberry farm in Kinglake, but I'll save that for another post. 

I'm very behind on my blog reading but will catch up with your blogs soon. X


Title: Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles.


Comments

  1. Heaven! So lovely to see you and your mum, both superbly dressed as usual, in amongst the strawberries. 23 is not 'cheap' it is a MAGIC number. I have such happy memories of visiting strawberries fields (and of course eating too many before the weighting gate) as a child. One year we had a sprawling patch in the garden that serviced our strawberry fever, but now we have smaller one now. I shall have to find a local picking farm.

    Don't worry about the blog reading (I have little time during the week, with work domination, but the weekends are precious) Just keep posting your sunshine joy Jess! We all need a bit of that right now.

    Take care,

    Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you dear Lulu. I appreciate your kind words.

      What lovely strawberry memories you have. 🍓😙

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos of your and your mum strawberry picking! I hope you didn't dribble any juice on that lovely white dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix! No red stains on my dress, just my teeth luckily! 😙😙

      Delete
  3. First of all, please do not worry about blog reading and commenting. We all know you are a busy girl, and surely there's a lot of lovely things you want to do in your time off instead.
    What a joy it must have been to visit those strawberry fields and pick your own. Both you and your Mum are dressed to perfection as always. I love your jelly shoes. I have a bit of a thing for them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you love. I always feel guilty for not reading more posts in this vintage fashion blog community. There's just so many and so little time!

      Oh you too! I've come around to jelly shoes. I wasn't too sure about them initially. X

      Delete
  4. You and mum look so lovely out there in the fields of strawberries! I agree with Ann, don't worry about comments - it is hugely time-consuming. If you feel you need to skip something, don't bother responding to our comments (I don't check back once I've left one). :)

    Now I want strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shiela. Sometimes I feel so guilty not catching up on everyone's blog posts. Loved the strawberry fields and wish we still had some. They would've tasted nice on my cornflakes this morning. X

      Delete
  5. Such an idyllic day! I love picking strawberries and I also always put them on vanilla ice cream. :) You and your mom look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous Ashley.
      It was a lovely day and dressing up always makes everything more fun! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand