Don't change for you, don't change a thing for me

Some things never change. For example, my love of leopard print! These photos were in the bunch of outfit files that I never got around to sharing last year. A year has gone by and I still love every part of this outfit.


Vintage bag, leopard turtleneck and boots: Secondhand market finds.

Velvet culottes: retail.

Afghan style coat: Op-shopped.

 

One thing that has changed is my hair length. I've been trying to grow it for a few years and it's quite a bit longer now. I can tell in these photos that my hair is a bit oily, which I'm okay with as the oilier my hair is, the better my curls are. Strange I know, but true!

 My love for nature shots will never change, of course.


There have been changes in Victoria too as we've had zero new corona-virus cases for the 16th consecutive day. A limited number of people are ow allowed to visit one another and we can visit regional Victoria - yay! Recently I have visited my dedo and some family friends have visited. It's nice to see people in person.

 

After work each day, I have been keen to continue my Wizard of Oz embroidery project I was telling you about in my last post. It is coming along nicely, if I do say so myself. I have since bought some sparkly (albeit pricey) thread for Dorothy's red shoes, the silver tin-man and Glinda's golden crown. I'm leaving those details to the end.

It's dreadfully difficult to capture a good embroidery shot but here is a progress shot:

All this embroidering has completely distracted me from my novel writing project that I was so dedicated to just a few weeks ago. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. I will get back to it when I feel like it. At least I hope so!

 

I am dreadfully behind on catching up on my blog reading but I will leave comments on your posts soon. 

 

Title: Don't Change by INXS.


Comments

  1. Love these outfits! :)
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous outfit, how lovely to discover some previously unpublished outfit photos!
    The embroidery is amazing and I'm very happy to hear that Victoria is doing so well with Covid cases (unlike the UK) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous in leopard print Jess, very jungle chic with all that lovely Melbourne tropical looking foliage in the background too. That’s really good news about the Covid cases in your area and I’m glad you’re able to meet up with some family and friends. Your embroidery looks lovely! I love the Wizard of Oz (On an off-tangent side note, is it true that Neighbours is no longer screened in Australia? You know it is my guilty pleasure! So trashy and ridiculous it is brilliant. This week they swapped out one of the characters for a different actor, without any explanation… they have done that before in the past!) Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lulu!

      Jungle chic - oooo I like the sound of that!

      You know, I have no clue about Neighbours. I've never watched it, sorry. Although I admit that I love trashy TV so if I started watching it, I'd be hooked in about 5 seconds. X

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous outfit, Jess, it would have been a shame not to share it. Those leopard culottes are fabulous! Although I do love leopard print, I don't have much of it in my wardrobe. I have my great aunt's faux fur coat and a leopard print watch strap and lately I've acquired a leopard print face mask! I'm so glad to hear that you've had zero new Covid cases for over 2 weeks and that consequently some of your restrictions have been eased. We still have a long way to go! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo a leopard print mask - just what I need! X

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love when I find old outfit photos! You are just smashing in leopard, Jess. My hair gets curlier when it's oilier too!

    I've been reading about the great work you've all been doing in Australia! That's just the best news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. Yes, it's fantastic news. X

      Delete
  6. I'm wearing leopard today too.
    I love the way it is now classed as a neutral.
    I think your outfit is so chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely.
      Yes, leopard is the best kind of neutral, I agree. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds