Da da love your hair, Da da lend me a ten

Hello! I hope you are all well.
As usual I've had a very busy week teaching remotely from home. I was so tired last night and feeling rather strange but a marathon 11 hour sleep fixed that! I shocked myself waking up at 10.30am today. 

Now I'm all refreshed and ready to share some fun pictures with you! Lizzie of vintage.glamour.mama instagram came up with this fabulous idea of inviting fellow vintage lovers to send in their recreation pictures and she compiles them into a video. The aim is to find a vintage photo that you love and try to recreate it.


I was thrilled that she included me in a video here. Most people are very kind in the online vintage community but Lizzie goes above and beyond to include everyone, so if you want to join in, send her an email.

 I actually wore this snakeskin outfit last year to the Revolution: Rebels and Records exhibition but after watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I realised that Sharon Tate wore a similar matching snakeskin jacket and skirt outfit too.

       

And of course you may have seen my Rod Stewart outfit from this post. It's perhaps my favourite look - double leopard and velvet - so over the top, I love it! It was also the day I dropped and broke my guitar while making a silly Maggie May singalong video. My poor guitar, I've been meaning to buy a replacement ever since. I'm a little lost without my guitar.

Now the thinking behind these photos is not that you should try to completely take on someone's style or personality. I know who I am and I like my own style, thank you very much! It's just fun to take things from my closet that I already own and recreate some of my favourite fashion icons. 

So here they are....

Italian queen - Sophia Loren.
A very easy look to recreate in the backyard - the fluffy leopard jacket, red turtleneck and sunglasses were all secondhand finds.

 
Sixties sensation - Priscilla Presley.
I thought this pink dress with gold stripes would be perfect to recreate Priscilla's Las Vegas outfit. I wore my hair down and added golden earrings and a snake belt and bracelet for extra bling.

     
Australia's beloved music legend - Michael Hutchence.
Double denim! I don't have pale blue jeans, so I wore this secondhand midi skirt instead. And of course I had to include some of my INXS records in the background.

Now when it comes to curly hair, Michael is a great inspiration. I have naturally curly hair myself and for this photo I drenched the ends in coconut oil. I'd like to think that Michael would've given me a thumbs up. He didn't sing 'da da love your hair!' in Guns in the Sky for nothing! I'm sure he had a million and one comments about his hair in his lifetime and probably got sick of it.


And the one who started the sixties trend of snakeskin jackets... fashion designer Ossie Clark. In the 1960s, he found rolls and rolls of decades-old snakeskin that nobody else wanted to buy and created some memorable pieces. I hope to find an Ossie Clark jacket one day.


What's your favourite look?
X



Comments

  1. I ordered a 10 pack of masks and one in leopard print was included. Well there will be a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A leopard face mask - the best kind of face mask! X

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that you've been included in Lizzie's video. Well done! Of course, your snakeskin coat is one of the most magnificent coats I've ever laid eyes on. You also rock the double leopard and velvet outfit! The pink gold-striped dress is sensational and I'm loving your take on the fabulous Ossie Clarke! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Ann, you are a sweetheart.
      It was so fun recreating some of my favourite vintage photographs.
      Looking forward to catching up on your blog posts soon. X

      Delete
  3. What fun that challenge looks, I love all your tribute photos.
    With your hair down you look uncannily like my friend Liz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I have a twin on the other side of the world!

      It was a fun challenge.

      I'm looking forward to catching up on your blog posts too. X

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love this series of pictures! You look amazing. I love your hair with the curls on the ends - I'm having severe hair envy! I think your "Michael" picture is my favourite - such a great look on your face.

    I dream of finding Ossie Clarke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry Shiela, my curls don't always look great. I've got to capture them in a photo whilst they're not looking totally crazy. I mostly wear my hair in braids to tame my very thick hair.

      Glad you like the Michael photo.

      Ooo if you dream of finding an Ossie piece, I have a surprise to show you. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand