It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away


Recently, I had the most beautiful day out to Williamstown with my mum and sister.



 First I spotted an old church right across the road from the beach and I had to have a look. My mum and I love old churches and marveled at all the stain glass windows.







We walked along the pier - the beach was dazzling in the sunlight. For lunch, we had a banh mi roll and walked over to eat by the beach.


I loved watching the black swans swimming with their five little babies. 



My mum fancied going on a boat cruise which surprised my sister and I, as she developed a huge fear of boats the last time we were on one. We raced to the boat, food still in hand, as it was just about to take off.


We hopped on and enjoyed ourselves so much that we were practically beaming the whole time. At first I stayed inside the boat, gazing out the windows but then decided that I'd have a better view on the top deck. The weather was perfect, it was nice and sunny. 


We made a wish as we passed under the West Gate Bridge and then passed many more bridges, some so low that we actually had to duck our heads as we passed under them. It was quite fun. The boat guide was dashing and lovely to chat to and he looked like Ragner from Vikings! 



The boat traveled all the way to South Bank, passing the city.



It was so relaxing, just looking out at the water. The sky and water turned from bright blue to grey and it suddenly became cold. Whilst everyone else went back into the inner part of the boat, I stayed on the top deck. I wasn't going to let the cold ruin my peaceful experience.


My sister said "quick, take a photo in front of here!" 
She loved eating at this Greek restaurant the last time we were here.


When we got off the boat, we stopped by the hippy shop, as we always do. My mum and I marveled over the (overly expensive) amber necklaces. Then we popped into the ice-cream shop for some gelati (the lemon gelati was delicious) before we drove home. I promptly fell asleep in the passenger seat, I think I got a bit wind-burnt on the boat.





It was a beautiful day. I'm so glad I have this blog to document those rare moments when you're truly, genuinely happy.



Outfit details:
Dress and boat bag (last worn here): secondhand market finds.
Silver shoes: $10, retail, years ago.
Pendant: eBay find.
Turquoise bangle: $2, op-shopped.


See you next week.
X

Title: Beautiful Day by U2.
(And yes, I'm still singing U2 songs, after recently seeing them in concert).


Comments

  1. What beautiful dresses you and your Mum are wearing. I love old churches and stained glass! I also love going on a boat trip, which makes you see your surroundings, however familiar, with different eyes. I'm glad to hear your Mum conquered her fear of boats. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann.
      It was so much fun being on the boat and of course the stained glass windows were beautiful.
      I'm glad she's gotten over this fear too. Next- planes! X

      Delete
  2. That does indeed sound like a perfect day! You and your mum look absolutely fabulous in your dresses, so ladylike and elegant!
    I wonder if your mum going on that boat had anything to do with the handsome tour guide? (Haha!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect day. Thanks for the lovely compliments, Vix.
      Haha, that last comment made me laugh. We didn't see him until we got onto the boat of course! X

      Delete
  3. I agree, having a record of your fun outings on your blog is a great way to remember all the good times! I love your beautiful dress, and look at mum in her lovely emerald green! What a lovely day! I love being out on boats, and having a cute boat operator sure doesn't hurt, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shiela.
      My mum's actually passed her green dress onto me now. She didn't like how it looked on her (she's mad, isn't she?)
      A little bit of cuteness never hurt anyone, haha! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand