Baby, you're out of time



It's been a busy couple of days, thank goodness I'm on work holidays! I treasure this time because I can take time to relax, catch up with friends, family and of course, there's always work I take home with me as a teacher. 



On Sunday, my family and I went to my nonna's house to help her install her new stove. I love spending time with my nonna. We ate dinner together and wandered around her garden - she grows all types of vegetables. I even picked some chilli, lavender and sage to take home with me. Thanks nonna! 


I also found these treasures at the morning market. I love how they all perfectly colour coordinate.



On Monday, my mum and I went to the cinemas to watch 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'. I thought about watching it when I last went to the cinemas with my friend Deana to see the Lion King but then I promptly forgot about it. After recently watching Devyn Crimson's review of the film's fashion, I decided to go and see it.


Source

I didn't really know what to expect, but I knew it would be set in the sixties and that Sharon Tate would be portrayed in it. I liked the music, of course, and at times it really enhanced the film. The Rolling Stones' Out of Time, Simon and Garfunkel's Mrs Robinson and  Jose Feliciano's California Dreamin' were highlights.

I liked most of the costumes too. Margot's Robbie's portrayal of Sharon Tate in a long snake print jacket was by far the best outfit.


Source

To my regular blog readers, this would come as no surprise as you know how much I love snake print outfits. In fact, I wore a matching snake print skirt and jacket in my blog post back in July.

Source


Since watching the film, I have read that Margot Robbie's (Sharon Tate) yellow outfit and Brad Pitt's (Cliff) double denim outfit are original vintage pieces. Overall, I don't think that the sixties costuming was spectacular but it was okay. 

Source

As for the plot, it was a bit over my head. It would jump from being sad, serious, funny and then ridiculous. The ending scene where Sharon Tate's murder is rewritten is crazy and violent, I actually gasped and had to cover my eyes quite a few times - it was gruesome.

Source

My mum and I left the cinema feeling incredulous, laughing to ourselves 'What have we just watched?' I'm not familiar with Quentin Tarentino's work, but I think this is part of his film creating style. Perhaps I don't quite comprehend it, but I'm sure there are many viewers who will. Maybe I'll rewatch the film one day and develop a better appreciation for it.


Outfit details:
Belt: Vintage.
Boots: Market find.
Dress: Borrowed from my mum.
Turquoise necklace and bangle: gifts and op-shopped.
Blossoms: Captured before the wind blows them away.


Before going home, my mum and I went for a bit of a walk near a river. It had just stopped raining and the sun was beginning to come out. It's such a beautiful area, we want to return one day with my sister and a picnic basket full of food.





Hope you're having a lovely start to the week.
See you in my next blog post.
X


Comments

  1. The blue dress you're wearing at the beginning of your post is charming and is looking particularly gorgeous against the pink of the pretty blossoms behind you. I'm swooning over your market finds: what fabulous colours and indeed all perfectly coordinated. And I did a double take when I saw your snakeskin skirt and jacket. How groovy is that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I love the blue dress against the blossoms too.
      Funny how the market finds all perfectly coordinate. I didn't plan that but I like how they could be all worn together.
      Ooo thank you, the snake print skirt and jacket is a pretty groovy and bold outfit. X

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Tarantino and am dying to see this film. Jon's obsessed with Charles Manson and used to have a massive poster of him in his house when we first started going out together!
    Love Margot Robbie's coat - your fab outfit is a fabulous lookalike!
    Your Mum's dress is lovely and your market finds are gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Charles Manson poster? That's freaky and would have spooked me out!
      You'll probably love the movie then if you're a Tarantino fan.
      Thank you, I love wearing the snake print skirt suit. X

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand