Spirit, watch the heavens open


This is the outfit I wore for the Christmas in July party I was telling you about in my last blog post.

I thought it was a good excuse to pull out this emerald satin skirt. It glistens in the sun. 


Once I put on my beloved snake print boots, I knew that I needed to pair it with this fringe-y belt. This belt must be 15-20 years old. I remember seeing it in my mum's closest when I was little and I was enamoured with the fringe and metal parts. A little while ago, my mum was cleaning her wardrobe and asked if I wanted this belt. I practically leaped at it!


See, we're getting better at sharing. Here my mum is wearing my cord skirt. I'd like to borrow (a.k.a steal) her boots one day.


Last Friday night, I went to see The Lion King at the cinemas with my friend Deana. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, since the original was such a classic but I really enjoyed it. I liked how details were added to the plot line and baby Simba and Nala were just too cute for words. The film has inspired me to pull out my lion necklace that I haven't worn in a while. I'll have to share some photos of it on my blog soon.


I'd also like to watch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood to see how the Sharon Tate character was styled. One of my favourite vintage YouTube collectors Doris Raymond mentioned in her recent video that she provided some of her vintage clothes for the film!

See you next Wednesday in a new blog post.
X



Comments

  1. What a wonderful shiny skirt! It looks just super with all these vintage 70s colours. Mum is looking great too - love the corduroy skirt on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela! I quite like all of the colours in this outfit. Corduroy is always a good thing in my eyes. X

      Delete
  2. That skirt looks fabulous in the sunshine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, I like how it reflects the sun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand