Thank God It's Christmas (in July)

Hello and Happy Christmas in July!

I have never celebrated Christmas in July before, so I was so excited about doing so recently. My best friend's family organised it and me and my family were happy to go along, bring some food and have some fun. We've all known each other for years and I love a good get together. Everyone's going through their own challenges at the moment so it's great that we can all get together, support one another and have a good time. When I say, Thank God's It's Christmas, I really mean it! Haha


Last week, my mum was telling me a story about how her nonna used to have a cute little golden Christmas tree. Last year, we'd bought one of our own as a little ode to her.


 I pulled it out this year and decorated it with some ornaments that I've collected over the years. I love the carousel, lantern, and China girl decorations so much!


These outfit photos were taken near my mum's childhood church. We were in the area, and I suggested we stop by to take some photos. A few elderly ladies were rather confused about us taking photos but carried on their merry way.


We sat inside the church for a little while and I marveled at this huge, golden artwork. It reminds me of the orthodox pictures of Mary that Orthodox Macedonians have in their churches as well.


I like the colour combinations of this outfit - navy, orange and pink. This was my second or third wearing of the tortoise shell bag. It was actually a makeup case but I decided to re-purpose it.

Skirt and belt- vintage, market finds.



These orange boots are so fab! 
I feel like a Charlie's Angel in them.


Alright, on that note, I'm off to save someone's the day.
 See you next Wednesday.


Comments

  1. That is just one spectacular skirt, Jess! What a great plaid! Lol at Christmas in July, but that song does remind me to tell you that I finally saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" and OMG, I loved it! Aw, Freddie!

    Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas in July is a funny concept, isn't it? Any excuse for a get together is good! Haha.
      Ahhh, you saw Bohemian Rhapsody!! It's great, wasn't it? X

      Delete
  2. Love your hair down, you look gorgeous! Your skirt is great, the whole outfit is just lovely.
    Xmas in July? I don't even like it in December! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know you're not a fan of Christmas! It's all a bit of an excuse to catch up with family and friends. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand