Oh yeah, wait a minute Mister Postman


On Saturday, I was listening to the With the Beatles album as I was cleaning and the song 'Please Mister Postman' got stuck in my head. So naturally when I passed a postbox the next day on the way home from the market, I had to get a photo in front of it! Silly, I know, but fashion is meant to be fun. 


Speaking about fashion, here are my prized Turkish boots. Every year, on my way to visit Eden, I'd go into a Turkish store in Stratford and lust over these boots. I used to look at them, but never buy them - they were out of my price range. Finally, when I was working part time at uni, I saved and saved for them and the next time we passed Stratford, I bought them! Aren't they unusual!


I styled this outfit around my boots because I knew the weather would be okay and I only wear them when I know it's not going to rain. I decided to stick with solid colours - a purple turtleneck, purple tights and rust/red cord skirt.


I think I've got to let go of this cord mini skirt. I've outgrown it and I don't think it's flattering on me anymore. This skirt is a bit sentimental to me because I wore it to a Rolling Stones concert in 2014 - it's seen some good times! I know it sounds silly, but I hope its next owner has just as much fun in it.

On the way to see the Rolling Stones, 5 years ago. I'm a big fan. Can you tell by my Keith tshirt?! 

In fact, I'm selling all 3 of my cord mini skirts - I've got none left! I'm so glad that I found this cord midi skirt at the market on Sunday to replace my cord skirts. I think I'm more of a midi skirt person. What do you think, can I still pull off minis? 

See you next Sunday in a new blog post. X


Title: Please Mister Postman by The Beatles.

Comments

  1. I think you can pull off whatever you want to! Find a new cord mini, and rock it! I wear minis and I'm 51!!

    I ADORE those boots and demand close-ups! What are they made off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll have to find a new cord mini. I'm not sure I want to totally get rid of all of them yet. Age is no matter, I'm just not sure they suit my body anymore, but if I find another, I'll give it a go. I do have a floral cord mini skirt that I'm holding onto - I love it.

      Ooo, I'll have to show close ups of the Turkish boots one day! They are made of a thick velvet material and it's embroidered! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand