Happy (Chinese) New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year! I'm back with a blog post earlier than I anticipated.


Yesterday, the teachers at the school I work at were asked to wear red or yellow clothes - lucky Chinese colours.

 I'm convinced this red vintage dress is lucky- it gave me some much needed confidence in my job interview in late 2017 and I got the job!
I was feeling really nervous just before walking into the interview and then suddenly I felt really positive and certain that I was going to get the job. The power of clothes, indeed!

I bought this lantern at a market a couple of months ago and brought it in to my classroom to display. My students loved it and many of the teachers admired it to. I have a small lantern decoration that I put on the Christmas tree too, they're really beautiful.


Outfit details:
Vintage dress, made in Australia: market find
Bakelite and plastic bangles: second hand finds
Chilli necklace: made by me.
Shoes: Retail sale years ago.


Do you like participating in different cultural celebrations?


See you in a new blog post next Monday.
X




Comments

  1. What a lovely dress! It looks great on you, and I'm not surprised that it gave you confidence walking into an interview! I do enjoy dressing up for pretty much any occasion. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela!
      Dressing up is fun! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand