And so this is Christmas, I hope you have fun

Hello!

I finished work for the year on Thursday. We had a staff lunch at a cute Italian farm estate. The food was delicious and it was nice to celebrate the end of the year with all the lovely staff.


I can't believe I've finished my first year as a teacher! It's been such a challenge and steep learning curve, I'm glad I persevered. I'm hoping that next year is a whole lot easier now that I'm a bit more confident and familiar with everything.


Now that I'm on holidays, I get a chance to embrace the holiday spirit. I love how my mum decorates the house for Christmas. We've both been slowly collecting decorations over the years. A lot of them must be vintage by now, we've had them for that long!


My mum has always told my sister and I stories of how much she adored her grandmother's little gold Christmas tree when she visited her in Italy as a child. So my mum was thrilled to find her very own this year for $2.50, it's in the above photo. She's finally been able to recreate her childhood memory.


I love Christmas for very much the same reasons - I have fond memories growing up and having Christmas Eve at our house every year with our friends and family. 

Outfit details:
Zara snake print shirt- market find, $4. Found here and last worn here.
Made in Brazil brown shoes and bangle- opshopped, $4 and $1.50. 
 Jeans- retail, $10. A whole outfit for under $20!


Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog this year. I genuinely appreciate it. I've been wanting to start a vintage style blog for a long time and finally created one earlier this year. I've settled into a blogging routine that I'm happy with, posting once a week, and it's something that I really enjoy doing.

However you spend Christmas, I hope you have fun.

See you next week. X




Comments

  1. Merry Christmas, Jess! This is a fabulous outfit - love the snakeskin! Your red lippy and side ponytail make this really classy. That is a gorgeous tree, and I noticed the little gold tree right away. Congratulations on a year of blogging - it's fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Shiela and thank you for the lovely compliments! I'm really enjoying blogging. X

      Delete
  2. Happy Xmas to you and your family, dear Jess.
    The snakeskin blouse looks so good on you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vix! Happy Christmas to you and Jon. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand