Old times are not forgotten




 As Elvis Presley once said, "the key to happiness is someone to love, something to do and something to look forward to."

So in the spirit of those wise words, I'd like to share what I've been up to and some things I'm looking forward to.



 I've been...

- Wearing my vintage and retro clothes (as always)! These red boots make me feel like I'm a Charlie's Angel from the seventies, ready to karate chop any villains! Ha!

- Doing some lesson planning for work.

- Spending time in my Dedo's garden.

- Visiting the cemetery and eating some Eiffel Tower Italian cakes with my family in honour of what would have been my Baba's 84th birthday tomorrow.


- Making my own pizza on Lebanese bread for my family and Dedo. What can I say, sometimes I'm a good cook!


Things I'm looking forward:

- Being on school holidays next week. Being a teacher is hard, let me tell you, but having time off for school holidays is wonderful and much needed.

- Catching up with friends.

- Seeing my Nonna more.

- Some day trips, that I'll no doubt blog about.

- Going to a Tulip Festival!

Source

What is something you are looking forward to?



Outfit details:
This outfit is entirely made of vintage, second-hand pieces.
I posted a Instagram video story of it on Friday.
Croatian-made boots, denim skirt and belt: market finds.
Top: $1 opshop find, years ago.





Title: American Trilogy by Elvis Presley.

(I'm a big Elvis fan, and believe it or not, I'd never heard American Trilogy until I went to see An Evening With Priscilla Presley last year. The song was played before Priscilla came on stage, and it immediately gave me chills and made me want to cry. I have no idea why, it just evoked something in me and it's very rare for me to like a song so much upon first listening. I still really like the song.)




Comments

  1. I'm not an Elvis fan but those are very wise words!
    Love your boots and that incredible tulip field. Have a fab week off! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix! I'm looking forward to the Tulip Festival! Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds