Life's too short for burning bridges, take it one day at a time




I found this dark green velvet skirt at a market a little while ago. I love velvet, if you hadn't noticed by my first post!




This skirt was a fab $5 find and I've worn it quite a bit already.


It's amazing how many things (that I really like and wear a lot) I've found at a market. In fact, I bought my belt, skirt, bag and boots all at the very same market. I didn't buy them all at once, of course, but slowly over time.



These red boots were made in Croatia! I love finding vintage items made in European countries or from Australia. If you find something made in someplace other than China, it's probably vintage as so many things are made in China nowadays. Anyway, they didn't have to be made in Croatia to impress me, the bright colour caught my eye.

They remind me of vintage boots from Granny Takes a Trip:

Link. 

This bag was also a $5 find. I first saw this style of beaded 1970s bags on Vix's and Curtise's blogs.

Link
Link


Except every time I spotted one on eBay, they were quite quite a bit more than I could justify spending. So I was thrilled to find this bag earlier this year. Patience is important. The things that you really like will show up sooner or later, and at a price that you're happy to pay.


 
What's been your experience in patiently waiting for a fab item to show up?
What have you been thrilled to find?

Comments

  1. I've got a few of those beaded bags - they add some fun to an outfit.
    Love your red boots, such a good look with your bargain velvet midi skirt. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vix! Thanks for letting me link to your blog in this post! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds