See the sky in front of you

Last Tuesday, my mum and I visited a few op-shops in Niddrie.
 I'm glad I have her as an op-shop buddy.




I've got to say, op-shops are starting to become disappointing to me. They're not like they used to be a few years ago, that's for sure. Personally, I like markets better. There's more stock because there's so many more stall holders. There's also more vintage items and bargains to be found at markets. It seems that op-shops lack quality vintage items and are full of a lot of junk. There's very few treasures to be found.



Later, we visited a Savers op-shop store with my sister. She doesn't particularly like shopping, let alone op-shopping, but she did find a t-shirt. I found 4 pale green Johnson Brothers bowls to add to my Johnson Brothers collection. My Nonna has used Johnson Brothers plates for years, so they have a nostalgic value for me and I love the pale yellow, pink and green colours.


Here's what I wore when I was out and about:

Wooly vintage jacket- market find
Purple turtleneck & green velvet dress bought years ago - retail
Turkish boots- last seen here
Necklace - found in a Ballarat op-shop last week


My sister thought this outfit was quite crazy, but I like it! It's a bit out there, but that's what vintage is, right?




In the afternoon, I created an eBay store! It's something I've wanted to do for years bit I always felt unsure of how to do it and the uncertainty put me off. After speaking to my mum about it, she encouraged me to just do it. I squealed with excitement when one of my items sold within 15 minutes of listing it, I ran around the house telling everyone! I'm eager to list more items to sell, especially some vintage and retro clothes that I'd like to pass on.



For dinner, my family, uncle and Dedo came over for dinner for my Dedo's 89th birthday. My mum cooked a lovely dinner and we enjoyed a homemade pear cake for dessert. I adore my grandad and feel so grateful that we still have him in our lives.



And I think the sky shined a fairy-floss kind of pink just for him.
 Happy birthday, Dedo!





Comments

  1. I love your jacket, what a groovy collar!
    What a wonderful sky. I hope your Granddad had a wonderful birthday, it certainly sounds like you all spoilt him! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. I didn't realise how big the collar was until I after I bought it and tried it on at home! Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds