Sounds of Silence



The rain held off on Sunday, and my mum and I happily headed off to the market. I'm glad we didn't go last weekend as I overheard quite a few sellers complaining of how wet they (and all their stock!) got. It seemed that vintage treasures appeared before me at every turn- I bought so much stuff!


Retro patterned dress, burgundy velvet jacket, patterned skirt, Johnson Brothers platter and tea cup sauces and striped cord pants. So much goodness in one photo. I can't wait to wear and use it all!

I picked up the blue and orange patterned dress for $5. I love styles from the 1960s and 1970s, but lately I've been wearing a lot of 1970s styles, as I wear them more at work. Recently, Devyn and Sydney have reminded me of how much I love 1960s mod and psychedelic styles, so I was happy to purchase the dress.



I also found these four records:
Simon and Garfunkel's Sounds of Silence
 Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' Southern Accent
The Pretenders album
The Rolling Stones' Tattoo You

I already have a copy of Tattoo You, but at $1, I couldn't leave it behind. After all, it's one of the first vinyl records that caught my eye and turned me onto classic rock music and my love of the Rolling Stones. I decided to give the other three records a go despite not knowing a lot about them. All up, the four records cost me $8 - what a bargain!




 I also had to go to a work event on Sunday and wore this vintage dress and 1970s boots. The heels are quite high, so I don't wear them too often but decided to give the a whirl for this short occasion.




Other than that, I tried to relax a bit over the weekend. I've been crocheting a lot, so much so that I've run out of wool. I'm keen to buy some more on the weekend. I also watched The Godfather. I forgot that it was made in 1972, it seems a bit timeless. As some of my family is Italian, my mum and I laughed at the slightest Italian expressions or phrases. Who would've thought that The Godfather had moments of humour?


Source


I finally finished writing my students' reports! And this time I really mean it. I thought that I was finished last weekend but I didn't realise how much revising and editing needs to be done. Wish me luck for my parent teacher interviews that I'll be doing soon! 
See you next week!


Dress, bag and boots- vintage


Comments

  1. I saw The Pretenders last year for the first time and they were amazing.
    That's a lovely dress, the colour really suits you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix! I'll have to give them a listen, I didn't know they were still touring- that's great. Xxx

      Delete
  2. You look fab your outfit! Simon and Garfunkel are one of my faves, I hope you enjoyed Sounds of Silence! The Godfather is one of my favourite movies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydney! I liked Sounds of Silence on my first listen, which is very rare for me as I usually have to listen to songs a few times before I really like them. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand