Have you ever seen the rain?



To answer the song lyric title, yes I've seen a lot of rain, especially over the weekend.


It rained on Sunday which dampened (pun intended!) our chances of headings off to the market. I could hear the rain at 3 am and it went on for hours. I imagine that's what it'd be like living in England. So there was no market fun for me. Oh well, I got to sleep in, which is always good.



Mind you, I"ve been to markets when it's downright raining, but it's not too fun getting wet, holding an umbrella and trying to look through the stakeholder's rails when they're often covered in plastic or soaking wet.  That happened a few years ago and I remember scoring a 1970s tan tooled bag for $7.


It was probably meant to be that I didn't get to go to the market because I was so sick, I genuinely thought I was doing to die. I won't bore you with the details, but I will say it was very dramatic and all, I've never been in so much physical pain in my life!


Anyway, I'm not one to complain when it rains. I quite like the sound of it and besides, it's good for the garden (I want my broad beans to keep growing!). Talking about gardening, the sunflower seeds I planted last week have started to grow. I'm growing them indoors, in the bathroom in fact! I think the hot steam from the shower has sped up the growing process. I'll have to see how it all goes.


On Sunday afternoon, after continuing to work on reports, I started to watch some Italian videos online. A work friend once told me that  listening to a language being spoken, through a podcast or video for example,  for 30 minutes a day can really help you learn to speak another language. My mum, Nonna and Nonno can speak Italian and I learnt it throughout school, so I went to get back to learning how to speak it. I can understand it, which is good, but I really want to be able to speak it too. So I figured, what better way to do it than to listen to some Sophia Loren Italian interviews.

Source


I'm trying to learn short sentences or questions, so I practised by asking my mum "Cose la tempartura domani?"[What the weather tomorrow?]   

And it was rainy, which gave me a good excuse to pick up my guitar and play 'Have your ever seen the rain?' It's such a nice song to play and sing.


How has your week been?



Comments

  1. Oh yes, sounds like typical British weather!
    Love your skirt and glad to hear that your seeds are growing, I've been checking mine daily for signs of growth and some are doing ok . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vix.
    What are you growing at the moment? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads - I listed them on my blog the other day! xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand