So please meet me in the plaza near your casa, I am only one and that is one too few

 A day in the city! In the past, I didn't really enjoy going to the city, but recently I have learnt to love it. Nice food in cafes, little tea rooms, clothing stores, these are the places I enjoy.

Recently my mum and I went to the city to have lunch at Florentino. I enjoyed my duck ragu tagliatelle although my mum was disappointed with her linguine with (not so fresh) seafood. Isn't it so disappointing when you go to a fancy restaurant and spend some big bucks and your meal isn't nice?

Next we ventured into Sportsgirl where mum tried on some clothes and I took an outfit selfie in the 360 degrees mirror.

I wore my new-to-me, vintage leopard coat which I mentioned in my last post. Mum and I were accidentally twinning as she also chose to wear her leopard coat that day! Not one to be embarrassed by this sort of thing, we laughed about it every time we caught sight of ourselves in a shop window and received quite a few compliments.

In the afternoon, we popped into our favourite Hopetoun Tea Rooms and share a slice of cheesecake and pecan pie.

 Last but not least, we visited a witchy-hippy shop where my mum tried on a velvet cape but after looking at the $225 price tag, decided she'd perhaps sew one herself in the future.



Now a moment for the coat...


Don't ask me how much I spent on it! Way too much and the most I've ever spent on a piece of clothing! Nevertheless, I have been looking for a vintage leopard coat for years, ever since I saw photos of the gorgeous one Paula Yates wore in the 90s and I've never come across one that I've loved until now. I adore big, fluffy coats as well leopard print, so it's really perfect for me.

What do you think?


Do you enjoy a day out in the city, countryside or beach? Or all three?

X

Title: On an Evening in Roma by Dean Martin.



Comments

  1. As I'm working in the city, I tend to avoid it on my days off, preferring the countryside if at all possible. I'm glad to read that you and your Mum enjoyed the outing! Your coat is fabulous and well worth every penny you spent on it, I'm sure! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

Promised you a miracle

Roll up to the mystery tour...