A taste of honey, tasting much sweeter than wine

Day 3 in Tasmania began bright and early with a day out to Bruny Island. We caught the quick, ten minute ferry from Hobart to Bruny Island and in that short time, we managed to admire the beautiful, sparkling water and see some dolphins too (although I wasn't quick enough to capture a photo of them)!

The first stop on our itinerary was the Cheese Co. We sampled a variety of cheese and then bought a platter with three types of cheese, onion relish, pickled vegetables and the most deliciously crunch sourdough bread. 

Next we stopped off at Bruny Island Honey and delighted in tasting six different varieties of honey, one even had caramelised ginger in it! My mum, sister and I each bought a face cream. The one I bought had wonderful sounding ingredients including silk powder, manuka honey, beeswax and olive oil. I could hardly wait to wash my face and apply it that evening.

We stopped at a little chocolate shop where my mum bought some mint chocolate and then we walked 250 steps up to a lookout and admired a 'neck' of two oceans almost meeting, only separated by a small hill and road, as shown below.

For lunch, we ate at Hotel Bruny, where I loved the porterhouse steak with mushroom sauce and vegetables.

With very full bellies, we roamed the beach across the road with crystal blue water. The big sleeves of my orange dress flickered in the wind!

Outfit details:

Dress: Hand-me-down from my mum's wardrobe.

Sunglasses and vintage, tooled leather bag: Secondhand market.

Hat and thongs: Kmart.

Our final stop was Get Shucked, an oyster bar. The fresh oysters drizzled with lemon were delicious. A busy day filled with lots of delicious food, perfection!

TitleA Taste of Honey by The Beatles.

Comments

  1. That's a lot of food!
    Liking the sound of that cheese platter and the honey moisturiser you bought.
    You and your mum look fab. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at that beach and crystal clear water!
    I'm surprised you still had space left for that steak after sampling cheeses, honey and chocolate :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand