So I'm back to the velvet underground

Day 2 in Tasmania began with a nice sleep in and then my family and I went to Hastings Cave, a 1.5 hour drive from our hotel in Hobart. I wasn't sure what to expect and was genuinely amazed by the beauty of the stalactites coming down from the cave and the stalagmites growing up from the cave floor.

We walked up and down many steps, 50 metres below the ground, looking at the stalactites in wonder. We had to be careful walking on the wet, slippery ground and ducked the low parts of the cave. We were told not to touch any of the stalactites or stalagmites as the oils on our skin kill them and stop them from growing.

We spent the afternoon swimming in the hot springs pool. After returning to the hotel for a shower and change of clothes, my family and I went out for a late dinner at Ball and Chain

It's a restaurant with steak and seafood cooked on a charcoal grill, in a historic building that was constructed by convicts. The rump steak with mushroom and bacon sauce served with roast potatoes, carrots and sauerkraut was amazing. 

See you next Monday, in my next holiday post.

X

TitleGypsy by Fleetwood Mac.


Comments

  1. I love stalactites and stalagmites, they're almost cathedral-like only without the god stuff! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds