Come what may to Blue Bayou


My sister loves organising holidays, which is great because if it were up to me, I'd never go anywhere! She is great at organising flights, cars, accomodation, activities. I'm happy just to go along with it all.


Recently, my family and I went to Tasmania. The plane flight there was so nerve racking to me. I hadn't been on a plane in about 10 years and I was very nervous as my boyfriend dropped us off at the airport and throughout the flight. 

I bought myself a creamy, chocolate Francese cake from Brunetti at the airport to distract myself!


Upon take off, my sister tried to distract me with conversation but I immediately burst into quiet tears and then nervous laughter. I don't know how people travel for work all the time, I couldn't do it!


When we arrived in Tasmania, we jumped into the hire car and went to Salamanca Market and admired a range of items such as lavender and honey products, jewellery, books, secondhand items, food products, clothing and flowers. We ate some Chinese food for lunch and then went to the hotel to unpack and have a much needed nap. After the rollercoaster of emotions that morning, I felt like a zombie.



Our room had a balcony so of course I had to take a photo on it!


In the afternoon, my family and I walked around the port of Hobart, taking photos by the water.




We were only allowed to bring 7kg of luggage with us so I only brought three pairs of shoes: thongs, runners and these tan leather sandals, this one vintage tooled bag and some dresses. I thought I packed pretty light, but I had the heaviest bag out of all of us!


We saw what looked like an old pirate ship and I spotted some starfish in the water, some of which appeared to be holding hands. Maybe they're romantic too!



There were so many cute looking cottages in Hobart. The streets were very wide and quiet and mostly go one way, so very different to Melbourne.


For dinner, I picked an all-you-can-eat restaurant to eat at called Osaki. I enjoyed the sashimi, deep fried scallops, marinated beef and so much more. I was too busy eating and only took one photo of the food, whoops!



See you next Monday for more holiday adventures. X

Title: Blue Bayou by Linda Ronstadt.
(Thank you to my sister for organising this trip. She loves this song and belts it out song amazingly, so I had to use this song title for her!)


 

Comments

  1. Sorry Jess, I've missed your last couple of posts, my sidebar doesn't seem to have recognised your recent posts.
    Your sister sounds like me, I love booking holidays and all the research they entail. Hopefully after this trip you'll have got over your fear of flying. I'm so chilled about it that I'm usually asleep by the time the safety routine is demonstrated.
    That market looks very interesting & that's a lovely photo of you and your sis! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand