It's a nice day for a white wedding



 I've got to be honest, I've never enjoyed weddings. I don't like the small talk and rarely enjoy the food because growing up I had to attend lots of weddings with my family for relatives that I didn't even know the name of! But recently I've been to some weddings of people I love and care about, one being my family friend Sharna.

A few weeks ago we celebrated her special day, starting off with delicious food and Serbian music and dancing at her home whilst she got her hair and makeup done. I've since discovered a new favourite antipasti, marinated octopus! Have you tried it? It's so delicious!

We brought her some flowers...

and I couldn't resist snapping some of the other pretty flowers at the florist too.

Then we went to an Anglican church for the ceremony which was conducted by a female priest! She was so sweet and said some lovely words, she shook hands with everyone at the end, I thought it was wonderful!

The reception in the evening was at South Wharf, by the water and was prettily decorated in twinkly lights and big beautiful red and pink flower centrepieces. 

Sometimes I'm shy at weddings, but at this one I had so much fun dancing with my sister and mum! I got sore feet, ditched my shoes (which is something I never do!) and continued dancing anyway. 

My mum has been friends with Sharna's mum Lil for over 30 years and it was so cute to see them celebrate this milestone for Sharna together. At the end of the night, Lil gave my mum a flower centrepiece to take home. Isn't it gorgeous?

Sharna and Johnny, we had an amazing night celebrating you! We wish you the very best for your future. Love you X


Title: White Wedding by Billy Idol.




Comments

  1. I'm not exactly a fan of weddings either, which is why Jos and I kept it simple!
    Still, exceptions can always be made for a dear friend! What a dream of a dress the bride is wearing, and is that your sister on the left in the first photo? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you do for your wedding Ann?

      Yes that's my beautiful sister. X

      Delete
  2. Another person not into weddings hence the reason I'm happily unmarried!
    Lovely that you were able to support your beautiful friend, I love her simple dress, so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds