I saw the light in your eyes

My sister is full of great gift ideas. For my birthday, her and my mum got me a voucher to an art class to make a Turkish lamp. I was so excited and finally went a couple of weeks ago. Mum and I used the tram to travel into the city, admiring some cute stores such as Babushka.



Before the 1pm class, we had lunch and dessert at Hopetoun Tea Rooms. Most people who walk past take a photo of the window displaying cakes and I was no exception.




I've always loved the wallpaper in the tearooms.


Mum and I shared a sirloin steak and seafood linguine as well as a pecan cake.



Just prior to 1pm, we arrived at the art class and admired the lamps that were displayed around the store. 





We couldn't wait to make our very own Turkish lamps!




This is how my lamp turned out...

Orange and yellow flowers with a pale pink background, I love it!


We had a fun, creative day which wasn't complete until we caught the wrong tram back and got a little lost before safely making our way home.

Thank you to my sister, I had so much fun making a lamp!
X

Title: I Saw The Light by Todd Rundgren.

Comments

  1. I'm drooling here at the sight of that mind-blowing collection of cakes. No wonder people stop to take a photo! How gorgeous are those Turkish lamps on display. I'm loving the one you made, that class was such an amazing gift from your Mum and sister! Oh, and getting a bit lost is all part of the fun. Take it from an expert :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe how funny! Everyone gets lost once in a while.

      Yes the cakes are always beautiful and are always being admired by people. X

      Delete
  2. That Greco-Roman mirror is gorgeous,I'd love that in my house!
    You did brilliantly with your mosaic lamp. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I loved making yet. And yes that mirror would absolutely suit your home. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds