Mama, you've been on my mind

 Recently, my mum and I went to the Yarra Valley to have a day out at a winery. After a one hour drive, we spotted rolling hills, autumnal leaves and pretty sights at every turn.


The air was crisp and chilly, so I wore my mum's Afghan coat. Isn't it fab! My gingham dress with shirring detail was a Kmart find and my vintage bag was found at a market.


We stopped at the Balgownie winery estate for lunch and I enjoyed the salmon and triple cooked chips with parmesan aioli chips. Tiny and fancy, but delicious! Sometimes it's nice to visit fancy places. Next time we'd like to visit  the De Bortoli Winery. It was closed on the day we visited but we loved the gardens.


 
 
A day out wouldn't be complete without a visit to an opshop. I found these adorable Christmas mugs for $3 each and was so excited to add them to my collection. I've since made it into a candle!
 
 

 
We ended the day by helping my sister transport some large drums for a work event she had, and I wandered around the beautiful, nearby park.
 
 
 
 
We came across a historical cottage and decided to take photos in front of it. My mum and I had a giggle in our matching dresses.






 
Pose like Charlie's Angels, I said. Then I wondered aloud if it was appropriate to do a gun pose. My mum decided to do a praying hands pose instead and this photo was captured! It makes me laugh!
 
Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow to all the mothers that are reading. I am so blessed to have a wonderful mum, nonna and my late baba, who always spoilt my sister and I with unconditional love and care. I love them and now it's time to spoil my mum. 
 
I hope your day is lovely!
X  


Title: Mama, You've been on my Mind by George Harrison.
 

Comments

  1. How absolutely delightful are your matching dresses! Fabulous photos of you two, you really did pose like professionals!
    Loving your Mum's Afghan coat, and your lunch is looking truly scrumptious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! Proper models now. X

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love the pics of you and mum in the matching dresses - those are so awesome. Your mug picture...did not make your post, FYI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love. It was fun playing matchy matchy.

      Thank you!! I have fixed the photo now. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds