I can tell by your eyes that you've probably been crying forever

February and March have been a time full of concerts for me. First, my family and I went to see the Sunnyboys farewell show earlier in the year, then soon after that we saw Harry Styles in concert, then Cyndi Lauper and Rod Stewart just this week! Music galore!


 

My sister organised tickets to see Harry Styles and it was so fun singing and dancing the night away. I loved seeing the audience's retro, colourful outfits, I wish I'd taken photos! I came away loving his songs and thinking that he was very sweet and humble.


I especially loved the songs 'Golden', 'As It Was', 'Sign of the Times', 'Late Night Talking' and many others.

 

This Wednesday, my mum, dad and I went to see Rod Stewart's concert, with Cyndi Lauper opening the show. Cyndi Lauper sang amazingly and I loved her eccentric fashion and mow-hawk, it's so her! 'True Colours' always makes me cry, and of course I loved 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' too, where she took the time to talk more about women's rights.

  


Rod Stewart was wonderful too. He told jokes between songs, dedicated a song to the people of Ukraine and sang really well. He had quite a few outfit changes but I think his green, shiny suit photographed the best. He sang so many good songs and I really loved 'The First Cut Is The Deepest', 'Maggie May', 'Young Turks', 'I Don't Want To Talk About It' and 'Sailing'. 

 

There's something about enjoying a concert that puts a pep in your step, gives you a bit of happiness and memories to treasure. I loved all three concerts.

  


Hope you're having a lovely weekend, whatever you're up to. X

Title: Sailing By Rod Stewart.



Comments

  1. Sounds like you had quite a musical couple of months, Jess. I have to confess that I'm not familiar with Harry Styles' music ...
    The Rod Stewart songs you mentioned take me right back to my teenage years, though. In fact, I immediately recognized your post title as part of the lyrics of I Don't Want To Talk About It. He still has the most incredible voice, hasn't he? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was amazing. I love that song, it's been stuck in my head for weeks. X

      Delete
  2. We saw Cyndi Lauper at Glastonbury about six years ago and were really impressed, her voice was as good as it was back when I was a fan in the 1980s.
    Harry Styles is lovely to look at although I can't say I'm a massive fan of his music! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyndi was amazing. What a great voice she has! X

      Delete
    2. You might like Harry's outfits. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand