She comes in colours everywhere


Not too long ago, my mum and I visited the Tulip Farm in Silvan, when I was on work holidays. It was still cold, so I rugged up in my new-to-me big coat. I'm not certain if it suits me or not. Perhaps I'll wear it a few more times and if I don't absolutely love it, I'll sell it. What do you think?


 


One thing was certain, the tulips were absolutely beautiful. We've visited the tulip farm before and I delighted in returning. I couldn't wait to eat the Dutch poffertjes. Sprinkled in icing sugar and butter, they were delicious.


 


 Around every corner there was something magical to see. 


  

 Mum and I decided to plant some tulips in our garden and before long we had red, yellow and purple tulips brightening up our day. The bulbs multiplied so once they finished flowering, I pulled them out and dried them to replant for next year. Have you grown tulips before?   


 
There was even a daffodil corner! The daffodil bulbs I planted this year hardly grew, I don't know what happened to them.




 
The tulip farm was so visually stunning, I can't wait to return again next year.    


 
Title: She's A Rainbow by The Rolling Stones.
 

Comments

  1. All those tulips are a veritable sight for sore eyes. I used to grow some in pots, but haven't done so for a long time. Perhaps I'll give them another try once we get the garden sorted.
    I do think that snuggly coat suits you! Oh, and I absolutely love poffertjes, which I try to have any time we hop over the border with Holland! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann!
      Maybe I will keep the coat.
      How lucky you are to just hop over the border. X

      Delete
  2. Hello Jess, long time no natter. I am trying to catch up on blog reading and what a treat this is! Just like being in Holland. I can't resist a pot, or field, of tulips. You and your mam are looking gorgeous as usual :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lulu.
      The tulips are so beautiful.
      X

      Delete
  3. I love tulips. I lift some after flowering and replant in the Autumn and others I leave where they were. The fields are lovely!
    The coat looks great but if you're not sure about it then it's time to move it on. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vix.
      I'm still thinking about the coat haha.
      I'll wear it one more winter then make a decision.
      X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand