Thought of your future with one foot in the past, now just how long will it last?

 Last week, we got a day off on Thursday, as a national day of mourning for Queen Elizabeth II. It didn't make a difference to me as I was already on work holidays, but it's great that others got a day off.

 

My family and I decided to make the most of the day by going to the Tesselaar Tulip Festival in Silvan. It's quite a long drive to get there, and it seems everyone else had the same idea to go aswell. We waited in the traffic for what felt like a couple of hours. Luckily we'd packed a picnic lunch and ended up eating our rolls and leftover KFC in the car! My sister also spotted a stand where apples were being sold so we enjoyed some green, sour apples too.


Finally, we got fed up with the long line of cars trying to get into the carpark so we made a u-turn and found somewhere else to visit for the day. We spotted Warratine Lavender Farm and decided to stop in there. I got so overheated walking around the lavender fields in the warm sun, I couldn't wait to order a cool drink under the shade.


 


I wore a bright dress because I thought it'd look nice amongst the colourful fields of tulips but nevertheless it was a pop of colour amongst the purple of the lavender too. This dress is actually a cardigan sewed together in the middle. I was actually going to sell the cardigan at a market I recently sold at, but then I had the bright idea to join the navy seams together and figured I'd get much more wear out of it as a dress.


 

 

What do you think? I think it turned out wonderfully!


The market I previously mentioned was one my friend Renee and I sold at two Sundays ago. It was my second time selling at a market and despite the sweaty work of carrying the heavy racks and unpacking and packing everything, I find it really fun. Unfortunately, it did rain intermittently, which affected our sales as fewer people than usual visited the market. Nevertheless I had a fun day selling some things and catching up with my friend and hope to do it again another (sunny) time! 


Speaking of sunny, today it's 18°C and beautifully sunny right now, so I better get off the computer, get outdoors and enjoy it! 

See you next week! 

X

 

 

Title: Head over Heels by Tears For Fears.


Comments

  1. What an inspired idea to sew the edges of the cardi together and create a dress, it looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that cardigan turned dress, and you do look amazing in it, particularly among the lavender! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand