I've thought about us for a long, long time


 Hello, it's me! I'm finally on work holidays, which is a joy after completing reports for my students. Reports are always a long and sometimes stressful process so I'm glad and very grateful to be able to relax for 2 weeks. 

Here are some things I've been up to lately...

 

Opshopping!

 I've noticed that I don't find many great treasures at opshops any more. I may find a few small things here and there, such as a scarf, book or DVD, costing $1-2 each, but no really amazing finds or pieces of clothing lately.

 

 To me, the markets are where all the exciting finds are! Last Sunday, I found all these pieces for a grand total of $61.

Cable knit sweater - $10

1940s style short sleeved sweater - $5

Velvet pants and cord pants -$7.50 each

Coral pendant - $20

Pink, vintage saucer- $2

And three bags of feijoas - $9.

 

Can you believe I scored this sterling silver and coral pendant for only $20? I collect coral jewellery and have been wearing this pendant all week. Also, I couldn't hand over my $5 fast enough for the vintage tooled leather bag. Just a few weeks ago, I was complaining to my mum that it's hard to find
vintage tooled leather bags without spending a small fortune. And then look what I find!

 

 On Saturday, my mum, sister and I went for a long, sunny walk and stumbled across a swing someone has made. We had much fun and giggles flying though the air, then carried on with our walk.

 

My sister and I also recently made some candles with some free candle wax that came her way. We followed a YouTube video and tah-dah, look how they came out! We used only a few drops of dye and were amazed by the vibrant colour.

Before:

 

 

After:

 
I filled up a vintage amber coloured glass and doesn't it just look beautiful?    

 
In terms of outfits, I have been living in turtlenecks as I do each winter.  The below turtleneck reminds me of one that Linda McCartney wore in the 60s/70s.
 


 
 

  
 
As for today, it was a day of opshopping for mum and I. We also enjoyed a nice warm curry for lunch, perfect in this cold weather. Despite the icy tmperatures, I couldn't resist these Dipping Dots icecream, a childhood favourite. Have you had these before?
 
 
 
I hope you're having a wonderful day. X
 
Title: Hello It's Me by Todd Rundgren. 

Comments

  1. I have never tried Dipping Dots! They look tasty, though.

    I wonder if people are hanging onto stuff more, not donating it, or if there are more folks out there who are shopping secondhand and snapping up all the good stuff? I see fewer really good quality things here in thrift/op shops too, Jess.

    Wow, you did amazing with your scores! I love the pendant ($20 is a STEAL) and the tooled leather bag. I had one with birds on it as a kid in 1976 (I bought it in the US when we did a family vacation to Disneyland) and I regret that I ever got rid of it!

    Congrats on getting through another school year! Yay! Summertime adventures surely await! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through phases of finding vintage - its feast or famine! Great finds, the bag is a beaut.
    I don't like ice cream but the mere mention of curry has me ravenous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that swing does look like great fun Jess. Dipping dots! Well that's new to me. Sounds like you've been having a happy market rummage. Car boot sales are where it's at for me at the moment. Love your turtle neck jumper - I call that style 'Scandi Noir', after any number of Scandinavian thriller / detective dramas ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand