I've been waiting so long for you down by the river

I love taking photos and looking back on them. If I didn't take photos, I truly wouldn't remember half the things I get up to. I'm spending my term 3 holidays at home due to lockdown, but I'm enjoying looking back on memories from past holidays. After each term, when I've got time off, mum and I love to head straight out to our favourite country town, Daylesford.

 

These photos were taken earlier this year, when we took my nonna out for the day.

 

 
She loves chocolate so of course we had to stop off at the little chocolate factory, sip on chilli hot chocolate and eat these fancy handmade delights. From memory, the mint leaf and salted caramel ones were the best. 
 
 
  
 Outfit details: Absolutely everything found at a secondhand market. I love this embroidered dress and I can't believe it was only $5!
 
 

We walked by a lake, soaked up some sun, listened to my nonna tell stories.




For lunch, my mum and nonna had pasta and I enjoyed this cheese board. The camembert, quince paste and dried muscats were DELICIOUS! In fact, I wish I could return right now and have it again.


 During the term 2 holidays, we returned to Daylesford again. It's such a nice place, we never get sick of it. This time we went to the Vintage Mills Market. While some people fear clowns, I have always been enamoured with these ones...

 




This bag was handmade by someone in 1965. Gosh some people are so talented! One of my next projects is to embroider a straw bag with raffia. If I can't find the vintage, floral, raffia bag of my dreams then I shall make it! Don't you agree?



 

An obligatory long walk around the lake was needed. Plus lots of posing for outfit photos. 
Doesn't everyone do that? 
 


 
 
Outfit details: 
Coat - opshopped. 
Boots -   Turkish shop in Stanford.
Vintage bag - Daylesford Mills Market, bought years ago.
Handmade beret - Gift from my nonna.
Turtleneck: Borrowed from my mum's wardrobe.




 
  
 Mum wants to stay in these apartments by the lake one day. Maybe we will...

 
I hope you're not in lockdown, wherever you are. Hopefully I'll be able to publish a few more posts than usual now that I've got more time at home. 

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're still in lockdown. I'm so glad we aren't, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we never will be again.
    I would forget half of what I've been up to either, if I didn't take photographs, and absolutely don't get people who don't. I also love looking back at my blog for the same reason.
    I absolutely loved accompanying you to Daylesford and Vintage Mills Market. Your outfits are fabulous as always, and I'm salivating at the sight of those chocolates and your cheese board! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having my blog as a record of all the things I've done with my favourite people in the world, both relatives and friends. It helps me remember everything! I love seeing your pics of Nona, your food, and the wonderful things you see! I love your embroidered dress, and your lovely 1965 bag. Yes, you should totally create the bag you've been looking for!

    Take care, Jess - I hope the lockdown situation improves and you can get your vaccinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jess, always lovely to see your photos. Love the chocolates (yes please to a salted caramel one!) and that rusty windmill is rather wonderful. I completely agree, if you have an vision for something, but you cannot find it... make it!

    Just watched the Liam Gallagher Manc fest 'The River' - so nice to see my home town in all its shaggy glory. With all restrictions lifted and the busiest tourist season on record, it is no surprise that cases are surging high in Cornwall :0 I just want to stay in, drink tea and paint really. Hope you have a nice break, despite the lockdown. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, Daylesford looks such a lovely place to spend time and I'm salivating over the cheeseboard.
    I hope Australia manage to get the vaccine rolled out quickly and that you can all gte back to living a full and active life again. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand