In the silk sheet of time, I will find peace of mind

 Victoria is currently in Lockdown 6.0 and I am starting to feel that every time I publish a blog post, I'm giving lockdown updates! What can you do? Just got to work from home now and teach my students online again. The children now know what to expect when I start handing out their folders and paper bags filled with what they'll need to learn from home. Rather than boring you with talk about the restrictions, I'd rather share a lovely day out that I had during my last work holidays in June.

 


I pulled out my snake print jacket and skirt for the occasion, an outfit I save for fun days out. Mum and I went on a boat cruise from Williamstown to Southbank, which we love doing every once in a while. The sky was decidedly grey on this winter's day but it was still a beautiful sight looking out to the water.

 

 

 

There's a little restaurant by the river that we like to visit, where we always order the delicious homemade pasta. For some reason, we forgot to take photos of the food. No doubt we were too busy enjoying it and chatting away!

 

Mum felt like something sweet after lunch so she bought a little cake from the Lindt shop to eat on the return boat ride back to Williamstown. Looking back at these photos is making me miss being by the water and going out to nice places to eat. I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities for that once lockdown is over, so I'm not complaining.

 

 

Mum loves her vintage raincoat that she scored for a few dollars. She also likes to "steal" my bags for photos. Cheeky, isn't she?

 

Outfit details:

Handmade beret- gift from my nonna.

Snake print suit -  Zara, jacket bought new in the shops and skirt found secondhand on eBay.

Vintage bag, mock-croc boots, turtleneck and sunglasses - Market finds.

 

Do you think the snake print of my outfit and mock-croc pattern of my boots is too much? Surely not!


Hope you're having a lovely day!

X


Title: I Got the Blues by The Rolling Stones.


Comments

  1. Oh no about being in lockdown yet again! Will it ever end, I wonder?
    But how lovely that you get to spend a wonderful day on the water.
    You are both dressed to the nines, and no I don't think the snake print and mock-croc pattern are too much at all! I'm swooning over your handbag, and I had to giggle when you mentioned your Mum likes to borrow it for photos! I was actually confused about whether it was yours or hers :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about more restrictions and return to remote learning Jess. On the plus, you are totally rocking those shades, beret and snake print coat!!! No wonder your mum likes to steal your handbags too, it's a goodun' ! What a fun looking day. I do love a boat trip. Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please name the restaurant with the home made pasta?
    Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking fabulous, both of you!
    Too much? In the words of Keith Richard. If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
    What a mare about the lockdown, I hope it does the trick. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lockdown talk is the new weather talk, ha ha!
    I LOVE this snakeskin suit on you, Jess - it is definitely not too much with the boots. I would wear this head-to-toe in a heartbeat. The wonderful wine beret really makes the outfit. Your mum looks so classy in her scarf and raincoat - ha, I'll have to tell my mom that bag-borrowing trip! Your adventure sounds absolutely lovely, Jess!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds