Don't leave me hanging on the telephone

 Hello again! Hope you're all doing well!

I'm writing a quick blog post, while I've got a second! Life is always busy but I like to squeeze in time for the things I enjoy, like blogging and posting outfit photos!

These photos were taken in April right before I was going out to a canolli date with Pat. Such an Italian thing of me to do - haha!

 

I bought this dress not too long ago from a Savers op shop. It was $10-15 which is more than I usually spend on a secondhand dress but I've been wanting a denim dress for years. Plus this one was the perfect colour and length so I didn't mind spending the extra few dollars. Plus I wanted to look cute for my date!

As of May 27 (my birthday) at midnight, Melbourne went into its 4th lock-down. We had quite a few months living life like 'normal', just going about our buisness so it's always a shock to have COVID-19 cases again and to have to suddenly go into a lock-down. Although I'm glad the government is so quick in protecting us. So far I've taught my students online for 6 school days and if all goes well we'll be out of lock-down by Friday. In between working on my laptop and writing reports I've been reading, embroidering, going for walks and painting. I even baked an orange cake using oranges from our tree.

 

In my next post, I'll share some birthday pictures that I never got around to posting. 

How are things in your part of the world?

 

Title: Hanging on the Telephone by Blondie.

(Not at all related to this post, but a song I've been loving at the moment. Didn't Blondie make such wonderful music?)


Comments

  1. Well the denim dress certainly made you look super cute for your date! A belated happy birthday to you. There's a rumour here in the UK, that after the G7 summit, they'll be new restrictions, as infection rates are rising again. The orange cake looks delicious and I how lovely too that they are home grown oranges! Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That denim dress is gorgeous, Jess, and well worth "splashing out" on. I've been looking out for the - still elusive - perfect one myself, so if I ever find it I won't think twice about paying a bit more either. I love how you styled it with those tights and boots!
    Sorry to hear you're in another lockdown. I do hope it'll be a short one.
    Oh my, doesn't that orange cake look delicious though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable in your denim dress and the cake looks scrumptious!
    I'm sorry about another lockdown. Any news on your vaccine roll-out? Our numbers are creeping up although numbers of those with serious illness & hospitalisations are really tiny, thank goodness.
    Stay safe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome in your denim dress - I love it with the matching tights and boots, Jess!

    We are entering our second round of vaccinations, and things are starting to open up now that 70% or more of my province has had their first jabs. It's so amazing - I hugged my mom for the first time in 16 months!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand