Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up in the morning when the day is new?

 

The holiday fun continues...

My sister, mum and I drove down to the Eden wharf to buy some mussels fresh off the boat. Turned out, there weren't any mussels available. So we walked across the wharf and bought some oysters and lobsters from a nice fisherman.

 

 Mum cooked spaghetti with cherry tomato sauce and we had the seafood as well. Soooo delicious! The lobster was a rare treat. I think I've only tasted it once before. We thought it tasted like a cross between a crab and a prawn. Very, very nice.




I watched an episode of Antiques Roadshow (a nice routine I slipped into while away) and played chess with Dad (defeated, The Queen's Gambit has my sister and dad hooked!). Later, my sister and I went for a walk on the beach.

The next day started with yoghurt and mango for breakfast and continued with a BBQ lunch. Alex and I swam in the beach, which was so lovely. I've had some wonky bathers in the past but these maroon ones are indeed the best and most flattering I've ever bought. I lathered myself in sunscreen to avoid repeating getting sun-burnt again. It was so nice boogie-boarding on the waves, swimming and floating around. Alex spotted quite a few fish and I kept thinking, if there's fish, there could be sharks!


Later, we heard that there were 3 corona-virus cases detected back in Melbourne after 2 months of zero cases. I was keeping my fingers crossed that it would get under control soon.


See you next week for my final holiday blog post. Thanks so much for visiting. X

 

Title: Wouldn't it be nice? by The Beach Boys.

(I've run out of beach related songs! The Beach Boys make me think of summer and the beach. Please let me know any beach related lyrics that you know).

Comments

  1. Hello Jess, I'm loving your beach adventures! Lulu xXx

    Neil Young’s ‘On the Beach -

    World is turnin’, I hope it don’t turn away
    I need a crowd of people, but I can’t face them day to day…
    Now I’m living’ out here on the beach
    Get out of town, I’ll head for the sticks with my bus and friends
    I follow the road, though I don’t know where it ends…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You fabulous lot have such good suggestions. And I haven't heard any of them so I'm so eager to hear them and use them for a future post. Thanks love. X

      Delete
  2. I wish I was on a beach right now and the sun was shining and there was an ice cold beer in my hand! Instead we've got six inches of snow, the fire is burning and we're not allowed to leave town!

    I Want To Go To The Beach by Iggy Pop

    I wanna go to the beach
    I don't care if it's decadent
    I don't know where my spirit went
    But that's alright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great song suggestion! I'll have to look it up and use it for a future post, for sure.

      Oh, I'm forever wishing I was at the beach, especially when looking back at these photos. X

      Delete
  3. Look at that spaghetti and seafood. If I hadn't just had my dinner, I would be plundering the fridge for tasty tidbits by now! Love the photo of you and your Mum, both in green dresses, and that leopard print maxi you're wearing is simply divine.
    I do hope they managed to keep the Coronavirus cases under control ..

    Can't think of any beach songs right now, apart from The Beach Boys (Wouldn't It Be Nice is one of my all time favourites) except perhaps Martha & The Muffins' Echo Beach:

    The only thing that helps me pass the time away
    Is knowing I'll be back at Echo Beach someday

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the song suggestion, love. You and Shiela think alike! X

      Delete
  4. Hi Jess,
    It is so lovely to see people enjoying a holiday. I think it will be a long time for us. I do hope they get covid under control in Melbourne.
    Enjoy the rest of your stay. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I heard last, we have had 20 days of no new cases, which is good. Fingers crossed that continues. It was sooo nice to go for a beach holiday. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. X

      Delete
  5. Echo Beach! Martha and the Muffins (a Canadian band).

    I love your and your Mom's dresses! So fun - I'm drooling over all your shellfish too! Your leopard dress is lovely, as is your burgundy swimsuit. I hope everything is safe again for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the song suggestion, Shiela. I will have to look that one up!

      Delete
  6. I got a bunch of Beach Boys songs stuck in my head when I tried to think of good beach songs so I don't have another good recommendation for you haha.
    I'm enjoying living vicariously through your vacation, it looks like you're having such a fantastic time at the beach! My favorite thing to do is indulge in a seafood feast when I go to the coast. We live near enough to have ready access to fresh seafood but it's so much nicer when you're on the beach for sure. Lobster is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the same way. Must eat seafood by the beach! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand