It's another tequila sunrise

Day 2 of our Eden holiday. 

I awoke at 5.50am and immediately felt immense pain all over my body. Something was seriously wrong. After falling back to sleep for a few hours, I awoke in agony and was very whinge-y. With a twisted face, I exclaimed "my bones hurt!" to which my sister helped me up but also burst into laughter at my pained expression. What felt like sore bones turned into sore muscles. I was seriously wind/sun-burnt from my time at the beach the day before. The Australian sun can be very dangerous but luckily the pain subsided after a few hours and some medication. I was as red as a lobster in real life, even though it's not so obvious in these photos. Even the straps on my dress hurt my skin!


 

5.30am sunrise snap taken by Mum.

After a big breakfast of eggs, bacon and tomatoes on toast, my family and I drove into Merimbula around midday. We browsed the shops and discovered many had shut down, probably due to COVID-19. The RSL kitchen closed at 2pm so we weren't able to eat there as we'd hoped so we headed out to a hamburger place that we've visited before. 


 

  

Outfit details:

Patterned maxi dress: Tree of Life, hand me down from Mum.

Butterfly pendant, turquoise cuff, striped cardigan, sunglasses and unworn Wittners sandals  - Secondhand market bargains.

Mum's wearing what I wore the previous day . It's great being able to share clothes, especially when on holiday with a limited wardrobe!


 

After lunch, we walked down the boardwalk and spotted tiny black and orange crabs. We also spotted television comedian Tom Gleeson but left him alone as he seemed to be on holiday with his family.

 

My sister and I looking at the crabs.

Dad photo bombing us.

 

Mum and I realising what he's doing and having a giggle about it!

 

The winding drive back to our cabin made me sleepy as always and I had an afternoon nap. I could get used to this holiday, take-a-nap-in-the-afternoon lifestyle! The evening was spent sitting in front of the beach, drinking hot chocolate and talking to my dad.

 

 See you soon with more holiday snaps. Stay safe. X

 

Title: Tequila Sunrise by The Eagles.

Comments

  1. Oh, that sounds truly painful, Jess! Not much fun to be in pain on your holidays! Much better - and safer - to cover up next time you're in the sun! I'm loving your maxi dress and the striped cardigan you're wearing on top of it. And oh my, what a gorgeous butterfly brooch! Looks like you had a most relaxing holiday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have learnt my lesson!
      I am still loooooving butterfly brooches and have added a couple to my collection. Three's a collection, right? Haha. X

      Delete
  2. Ouchy! Sunburn is nasty. I remember my brother lying down in pain, covered in cold flannels (that my mam had to keep on replacing) following a day at the beach when we were kids. I love the picture of your dad photo bombing you! Lovely looking place and as always, super outfits. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lulu. I've learnt my lesson. Cover up or use sunscreen, even in the shade!

      My dad can never take a photo seriously! Always goofing! X

      Delete
  3. Oh dear! I though you Aussies were on the ball with your sun protection, that's a very British thing to do!
    Yor mum & you look fabulous and your dad's photobombing made me giggle. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learnt my lesson, Vix. Cover up or use sunscreen, even in the shade! Aaah never again.
      Dad's a silly one. X

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I can see how pink your poor skin is! I'm glad you were feeling better after a couple of hours. I wear sunblock every day (even in winter, on my face!) as I'm also prone to the pink, even after only a few minutes! You and your mum are so cute together. How fun to be able to share your wardrobes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay in the shade where possible or cover up but have definitely learnt my lesson! Looking forward to catching up on your posts soon. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand