And it was all yellow

Fashion, food and flowers. I hope you're interested in these subjects because that is what this post (and many of my others) is about! 
 
 

My gorgeous sunflowers have been dazzling our backyard, which is cause for celebration! If there's one thing we've been reminded of in 2020, it is to appreciate and enjoy the little things in life.

With yellow roses also in bloom, it was only fitting to wear yellow and take some photos in the garden. Wearing bangles galore and my beloved golden sandals, I enjoyed some time in the sunshine.

 

This sunglasses look is a nod to John Lennon's Walls and Bridges album cover.


 

Source

My precious sunflowers. They have adorned many a vase and I adore them. 
 


Outfit details:

Dress - Borrowed from my mum's wardrobe.

Sandals - Retail sale.

Bangles - Secondhand markets. I recently discovered that the two speckled mustard bangles are bakelite through the baking soda test.

 

  Another simple pleasure: making homemade pasta and coffee ice-cream again. So delicious.

 

As I'm always busy during the week with work, especially as term 4 is almost over, I really enjoy the slow, relaxed pace of weekends. Sipping on a cup of chai tea while working on my embroidery and watching an old movie is my idea of bliss.


 
I've been trying to watch some old, classic Christmas films this year and gave Holiday Inn (1942) a go. The costumes were gorgeous, especially the sparkly dresses. Although one scene was particularly questionable as white characters were wearing blackface, which is seen as racially inappropriate nowadays. Perhaps I'll try watching It's a Wonderful Life or The Shop Around the Corner next.

 

I hope your weekend is lovely.

X

Title: Yellow by Coldplay.

 




Comments

  1. Yes, I do love all those things :-)
    You're looking gorgeous in your Mum's yellow dress and I am swooning over your bangles! How wonderful that you were able to determine those two are Bakelite!
    Your homemade pasta and coffee ice cream look totally scrumptious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, dear Ann.

      I was very excited about the bakelite! I can't wait to return to my favourite secondhand market and hopefully score some more. X

      Delete
  2. You look like a beam of sunshine Jess and those yellow roses and sunflowers are just perfect! It is so great that you can nab your mum’s dresses. That looks like proper, delicious pasta (I have never tried coffee ice cream). Enjoy your relaxing embroidery and classic film binge. Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Lulu.
      Yes, it's proper pasta. There's nothing better than homemade pasta, I think. X

      Delete
  3. Look at you, the epitome of Spring whilst we're in the depths of winter! You look lovely.
    The pasta looks delicious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous Vix.

      Oh the pasta was delicious! I made some more today actually. I can't resist. X

      Delete
  4. Thank you for reminding us that summer is out there somewhere> Yellow really suits you.
    My daughter is planning her wedding and Yellow is her first dance song.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely.
      Aww that's sweet. Something to look forward to.
      Have you planned what you'll be wearing to your daughter's wedding? I'll visit your blog soon. X

      Delete
  5. It's a Wonderful Life is a really lovely movie - you will enjoy it. My favourite Christmas movie is The Muppet Christmas Carol (really, it's the best version of A Christmas Carol), with Michael Caine as Scrooge. Great songs. I am not a fan of Holiday Inn, although the costumes are fabulous.

    Now, YOU in your yellow dress, and wonderful gold shoes, AND your stunning collection of yellow/gold/amber bangles! How awesome to find out two are Bakelite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Xmas movie recommendations, Shiela!

      Yes, I was THRILLED about the bakelite. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds