Back in the saddle

Thanks for your well wishes in my last post, dear blogging friends. After an entire term of teaching my students remotely, I was a ball of nervous and excited energy returning to work last week. I hadn't been around so many people in a long time, so that's why I was nervous but I was very happy to see my clever students again. And it's been a great week, like I never left!

Also, thank you for letting me know that my blog photos were not visible in my last post. I've since fixed it. I'm sure they were there when I first posted last week but somehow they disappeared. The new Blogger format must be playing tricks on me!

Anyway, I have a fab outfit to share, from last August no less! I was looking through some old photos and found files that I never got around to posting. Rather than disposing of them, I'm going to post them over the new few weeks as the outfits are just too cute not to share!


 


On this particular day, my sister needed a lift to her theatre group meeting and as it's a fair drive away, mum and I decided to make a day out of it. We visited an op-shop, park and cafe. That's our idea of a perfect day out. And how we've missed op-shopping and going out to eat once in a while.

Much to our delight, we discovered a cake shop on the same street as the aforementioned op-shop so we got into the habit of stopping off for cake before treasure hunting. The baklava and galatoboureko (custard pie) are soooo delicious. They're so sweet and rich that we'd share them and then be too full to eat lunch!

 

Mum wore a lovely crochet poncho that she bought on sale at Ishka. I didn't notice it at the time but we sort of match with our maroon pieces.


Outfit details:

Vintage 1970s bag - Market find. $7 if I remember correctly. I collect these sort of bags. I adore the colours, beads and Australian flower design on this bag.

Afghan style coat - $4 opshop find many years ago. This is a true treasure to me. It is so warm and retro looking and I wear it many times every winter.

Velvet pants and turtleneck - retail purchase. 

Snake print boots- online Boohoo purchase, a few years ago.

 

 

Covid-19 restrictions are easing more now that daily infection rates are in single digits! We are now permitted to travel 25km from our homes and have outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people. It'd be nice to have a day out in a park if the weather's nice. 

What are you up to?

X

 

Title: Back in the Saddle by Aerosmith.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear that your first week back in the saddle went well beyond your expectations. Your outfit from back in August is indeed too gorgeous not to share. The velvet trousers worn with the Afghan coat and snake print boots is absolutely divine. And treasure hunting and cake sounds like the perfect day out to me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wish all us blogger buddies were in the same country so we could catch up over cake and op-shopping! X

      Delete
  2. Yay for old, funky outfits and a flashback to the "before times" - love this, Jess! What is the flower pattern created out of? It's hard to tell - is it embroidered and beaded? Close up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiela, the bag is all beaded. All of the flowers are beads. It's pretty amazing. X

      Delete
  3. Cafe cake and thrifty shopping sounds like the best day out Jess! Your outfit is proper cute and I love that bag. So glad you had a good week back and that your lovely pictures appeared on your last post too (I'm not sure if I'm on the new blogger, but have seen a lot of people are having problems switching...hmmm...will have to investigate...) Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lulu.
      Who doesn't love cake and shopping? X

      Delete
  4. That's a fab outfit! So glad you're okay and that your first week back went well. How lovely to have a day out with your fabulous Mum! That custard pie looks very Greek! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and was deeeee-licious! Thanks Vix. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand