Seems it never rains in Southern California

 Hello!

I'm one week into my work holidays and I can't believe how quickly time passes. We're still in lock-down, so I've spent the week at home, doing the usual: reading, crocheting, watching TV, cooking.

All week I had been hankering for a picnic and it was scheduled for Friday, when my sister had a gap in her work schedule. Nevermind we're in lock-down, I figured, we'll have a backyard picnic.

Then on Friday it was was very cold and it rained on and off, so it became an indoor picnic! I told you I was determined! So rather than stay in my pyjamas like I had the whole week, I decided to make an occasion of this little bit of picnic fun and get dressed up and put on some makeup.

My mini dress and blue eye-shadow look was completely inspired by Jeannie from the 1960s television show 'I Dream of Jeannie' which I've been re-watching this week. She wore the best mini-dresses in the 5th season, totally epitomising the late sixties trends of bright colours, big sleeves and fantastic patterns.

Our little picnic consisted of camembert cheese, crackers, grapes, smoked salmon, olives, marinated peppers and corn. My sister, mum and I sat around and had a good chat and enjoyed this little change in our week.

Outfit details:

Mini-dress, jewellery and 1970s boots: Vintage, found at secondhand markets.

Metal belts and tights: Retail.


I don't often share close up photos, as I prefer outfit photos but I've included a few here. I wanted to show you my blue eye-shadow and Priscilla Presley style double winged eyeliner.



Lock-down measures are expected to ease soon, so we may be able to go on an outdoor picnic one of these days!



Title: It Never Rains in Southern California by Sonny and Cher.

(I love this song!)

Comments

  1. Very Californian glam Jess !* I'm a big fan of eyeliner (I used to wear a lot of glitter eyeliner, but sadly can't pull it off these days :0) Great idea to have an indoors picnic, it looks lovely. We are at complete opposites, having more restrictions applied here in the UK as we go into winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of this dress! :) So cute!
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having an at-home picnic, whether it's in your garden or inside, is such a fun idea. And of course you just can't have a picnic in your pyjamas! I'm loving the 1960s inspired mini dress you're wearing instead and your blue eye shadow and double-winged eye liner. Keeping my fingers crossed that lock-down measures will be eased soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, thank you for the head-shot - your hair and make-up are on point, Jess! I love your funky dress, too - very Missoni! I haven't seen "I Dream of Jeannie" since the 70s when it re-ran on TV, but I love those mini-dresses.

    What a lovely picnic you put together! I love grapes and salmon with cheese!

    I hope things ease up for you soon. The Covid cases are increasing here again, and everyone is being SO careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love an indoor picnic - something us Brits are often reduced to doing as our summers are usually such a let-down. Yours looks very tasty!
    Sheila's right, that dress is very Missoni-like. The eye make-up looks great.
    Stay safe! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds