Leave 'em burning and then you're gone

Hello!
As promised, I'm sharing the crochet jumper I recently finished creating.


It took a long time to make but I'm proud of myself for learning to make jumpers this year. Who would've thought!


I crocheted two big rectangles for the front and back. Then I made two long rectangles for the sleeves and joined all the pieces together. 

I actually made the sleeves a bit too long on this jumper, which is why I rolled up the sleeves.


Paired with some jeans and my orange boots, I love this casual 1970s look. Plus, I made a matching bag - be still my granny square loving heart!



This is the last jumper I'll be crocheting as quite frankly, they take up too much of my closet space. I don't have an endless amount of wardrobe space so I only have room for pieces I absolutely love.



As for today, I spent the morning watching 'Johnny Cash: Song by Song' and 'ABBA: Super Trouper'. My dad recently bought a TV box that lets you watch shows through different apps. I love watching music documentaries on thr weekends when everyone is sleeping in. I must remember to pull out my Johnny Cash and ABBA records soon!



After reading Vix's recent blog post, I was inspired to make some fresh pasta for lunch. The sauce consists of olive oil, onions, greens from the garden, mackerel, raisins, blue cheese and parmesan. 



My family all loved it and I happily declared myself the Queen of Pasta. Compliments about food are the best kind of compliments, I say!




Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Comments

  1. So awesome! Such talent :)
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're the Queen of Crochet as well as the Queen of Pasta. If you weren't in lockdown I'd invite myself over for lunch!
    That jumper is wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix!
      If you're ever in Australia, of course I'd invite you over.
      X

      Delete
  3. That is a STELLAR job on the jumper, Jess! I love the contrasting orange-y-tan shade with the turquoise, which puts this in the stylish realm, rather than the "I made this!" category. I actually think that the too-long sleeves/cuffs make this far more fashion-forward than a perfectly measured sleeves. It's just an extra detail that really works.

    I agree on space - there is only room for 1-2 big jumpers in my closet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Shiela!
      I had to include the turquoise blue to make the colours pop and I'm happy about how they all look together.

      The rolled sleeves were just an accident because I don't want to undo the wool and possibly wreck the jumper. I'm glad you think that's fashion forward. X

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous jumper, Jess, and I love that you've crocheted yourself a bag to match. Your pasta sounds delicious. Your family is very lucky indeed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I thought I was done with crocheting for a while but I've started up again. Wait 'til you see my next creation! X

      Delete
  5. You make your own jumpers AND pasta! So awesome! Both things looked great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I'm a genius, what can I say? Haha. X

      Delete
  6. This makes me nostalgic for a crochet jumper I had at some point in the early 90s. Your crochet jumper is wonderful Jess! And that pasta certainly beats my cheater dried pasta and instant sauce! Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo your jumper from the 90s sounds interesting, Lulu! What colour/s was it? X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds