Tangerine, tangerine, living reflection from a dream



Orange you glad to see me?

I couldn't resist that pun, as I've made the most delicious batch of glaceed oranges from the oranges on our tree. I cut them into thin slices and boiled them in a sugar and water syrup for one hour... 


...and then placed them onto an orange cake I made. Delicious!


I treasure the sight, taste and fragrance of our oranges. I even like taking photos in front of the tree pictured behind me, as the pop of orange colour always delights me. We've now picked the last of the oranges, so you'll just have to delight in my pink outfit instead.

Outfit details:
Shawl and block-heeled boots: Secondhand market finds.
Corduroy skirt: Uniqlo sale.
Turtleneck: Retail, years ago.

I've worn this pink cord skirt quite a few times this winter and love the warm colour of it. And this shawl is a perfect way to add some visual interest and a layer of warmth to any outfit. I often find it hard to style these cream boots, but I think they perfectly compliment this shawl.

Of course, if you need more convincing that shawls are not only useful but utterly fabulous, look no further than Cher and Stevie Nicks.




These pink wildflowers that I picked on our daily walk just happen to perfectly match my outfit. I love when that happens. 


The other day, my mum and I were out on a walk and got stuck in the most windy conditions. The trees were dancing in unison and some were leaning frighteningly over. We likened it to the tornado in The Wizard of Oz and steered clear of the swinging trees. Later, we learnt that unfortunately three people died due to the windy storm in Victoria.


These are strange times we are living in, but the good thing is that the number of daily corona virus cases is dropping and I suspect that the Stage 4 restrictions will ease over the next couple of months and I'll be back to teaching onsite in Term 4. I need to start writing reports this week- wish me luck! 


Comments

  1. That is an awesome shawl, so Stevie Nicks! You just need a tambourine now ;) Those wildflowers are incredible. We don't get those here, I wonder what they are? And you get oranges too!!! I could just eat that cake right now, but I'm having boring spaghetti for tea. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lulu. I have a tambourine and should have pulled it out!

      My sister used an app to identify what this flower is called and it's a "red flower gum". I'm not sure if they just grow in Australia.

      Thanks for the compliments on the orange cake. Spaghett isn't so bad. My mum was born in Italy and we reckon pasta makes the world go round! Haha. X

      Delete
    2. Hi Jess, I bet your mam's spaghetti rocks. I too have a tambourine...being from Manchester, it is obligatory, as is the single-eyebrow. Well done to your sister for identifying the red flower gum and many thanks for passing on. I looked it up and it is very local to you, but is marketed as an indoors/ conservatory plant in the UK x

      Delete
  2. That's a fantastic poncho, perfect with the pink cord skirt and long boots.
    The wildflowers look like sea anemones, they really are amazing. The orange cake looks so professional. Oh to live somewhere where oranges grew outside! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous Vix.

      My cake looks professional? I just love when people compliment my cooking! *blush*

      Thank goodness for our orange tree. We drank and ate so many oranges this year. X

      Delete
  3. That is a fabulous shawl, Jess, and you are rockin' it with those matchy boots! I think those are sleeves in Stevie's first outfit, but yes, she and Cher are certainly shawl icons!

    Glad your area is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela.
      Oh you are right about that Stevie picture - sleeves indeed.
      Looking forward to catching up on your blog posts soon. X

      Delete
  4. Your orange cake looks utterly delicious, Jess, and your outfit is gorgeous. I love your pink cord skirt and the poncho is delightful and matches those boots perfectly! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand