See the world in green and blue

Hello!
We're three and a half weeks into our second lockdown here in Melbourne and new restrictions have been imposed as the number of corona virus cases continues to rise.

In such a tumultuous year, it's so easy to get caught up in all the negativity. In fact, throughout our lives there are so many events that can be traumatic to us, but that is simply the human experience and I am choosing to look on the bright side.


In our morning video meetings, my students and I practise gratitude every Thursday - we call it Thankful Thursday! They are so sweet and love sharing what they are grateful for. And I try to practise what I preach, so here are some things I am grateful for:
- Daily walks through a valley
- Doing a bit of crocheting each day
- Making some lavosh crackers and apple chutney yesterday
- The sunshine we've had this weekend
- A loved one coming back into my life 

I could go on and on. It's the little things that count! During this strange period in history, it is so important to look after our mental health.





The day before lock-down (8th July), mum and I made a last minute decision to go to Williamstown beach. It was a glorious, sunny day. We walked up and down the pier, admiring the beautiful, glistening water. It was very easy to socially distance from the few people who were there on a weekday. I bought us some lamb souvlakis from the fish and chip shop where there were four young men working who all looked like brothers with the same brown hair. It was a sweet sight watching them kid around and help each other cook. I felt like I was watching Ponyboy, Sodapop and Darryl from The Outsiders!


 

Mum and I sat and ate by the beach. The view was magnificent and the souvlakis were DELICIOUS!




We walked further along the beach and stopped at one point to take photos by this spot that looked dreamy. We walked through a narrow, bushy path to get near the water, recalling a story on the news that morning about a man who was attacked by a snake while he was driving his truck on a freeway. He’d managed to defend himself with his seatbelt (!) and then fearing he’d been bitten, he drove himself to a hospital when police stopped him for speeding but then helped him get to the hospital.


 
Outfit details:
Earrings - @_sunflowervintage instagram  giveaway.
Vintage scarf ($5), mock-croc boots ($20) and turtleneck ($5)- Secondhand market finds.
Vintage bag  ($6) and sunglasses ($3) - Vintage, opshopped.
Corduroy skirt ($15) - Uniqlo sale. 


When we were walking back to the footpath, I realised that we had taken the wrong path as we were in the middle of very tall grass. With snakes on our mind, I ran to the footpath and yelled ‘hurry up’ to mum. She just froze in fear screeching ‘Jessica – help meeeee!” It was hysterical! She couldn’t bring herself to run through the long grass so she went all the way back around until she found a clearer path. A couple walking past had a shocked expression on their faces as they observed us, which my mum was oblivious to. We couldn’t stop laughing on the walk back to the car – it was so funny!  


I hope you have something to smile or laugh about today. Have a lovely day. X

Comments

  1. I admire your positivity, Jess, and while I try to focus on the small things that make me happy, I find it increasingly difficult as the months go by. With no solution on the horizon, I feel as if my life has been put on hold. And the problem is, with my husband in his early 70s, we cannot afford to pur our lives on hold. How wonderful, though, that you were able to visit Williamstown beach just in the nick of time. Those memories must now be extra precious! The thought of snakes makes my skin crawl all over though! Your outfit is fabulous. I especially love the cord skirt, what a wonderful colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is so frustrating, Ann. But I try to remember that most people are in the same situation and I feel there is nothing to do but follow the safety guidelines and wait it out. Imagine how much more precious our memories and fun will be once this is all over! X

      Delete
  2. Well done for remaining positive , you're setting a wonderful example to your pupils.
    I'm glad you were able to visit the beach, the photos of you and your mum are gorgeous.
    It sounds like you've got good , strong leadership and the restrictions imposed should help stem the tide. If only our government were as forceful.
    Stay safe and take care! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but I'm waiting it out. And memories of the beach are always nice. Thanks for visiting my blog, Vix. X

      Delete
  3. A second lockdown!? Wow, that's pretty scary - but look at you, so positive and upbeat! What a shining example you are. I love your and your mum's pictures - I can see the love.

    Ooh, I'm glad you didn't encounter any snakes! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shiela, I try! I am so behind on my blog reading but will be visiting your blog soon. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand