Ain't it good to be alive

Hello! Another week in lock-down here in Melbourne - what a time to be alive!

 It is disheartening to see the daily corona-virus updates but I am trying to stay positive and count my blessings.


I am fortunate to have a full time job where I can work from home. It is a lot of work and stress but every job has its challenges, that's just life. If you spent your whole life looking for the perfect, stress-free job, I reckon you'd never find one.

My lovely students are doing their very best to learn from home and families are doing a wonderful job helping them. In a video meeting this week, when we were talking about the things we were grateful for on 'Thankful Thursday', I reminded them to thank their parents because they are their first and most important teachers, not just during this remote learning period but throughout their lives.




Walks to the valley always renew me. Last week, my whole family went all the way down the big hill and under the bridge - it was a mammoth effort and I was puffed out!


I like how the sun's rays look red in this photo.


Seeing the gradual growth of these wild poppies everyday gives me so much joy.


I recently finished rereading these two Elvis books by two very sweet ladies. I always enjoy music/band biographies and am already onto my next, a Kurt Cobain book. I'll have to share it in my next post.


And of course, outfits brighten up my life. I wanted to take some photos in front of our orange tree before we eat/drink them all!


I bought a few cord skirts on sale at Uniqlo before this second lock-down and I'm so glad I did. Cord skirts are an item of clothing that I return to every winter. And they are a simple way to instantly evoke a 1960s /1970s style.



And who could forget music? Putting on a bit of music is one of the best ways to brighten your mood, but I'm sure you didn't need me to tell you that.





These are some of the records that I've been listening to lately. I like the backdrop of my crocheted blankets which are layered on my bed. I am still crocheting my next surprise - perhaps I'll finish it this week.

The more and more I reflect on the good things in life, the more I'm I think "ain't it good to be alive".

Please join me in sharing some positivity in the comments.



Comments

  1. Yes, it is, and let's not forget that, even if at times it's difficult not to be taken down in a spiral of negativity. Not looking at the daily updates is the only thing that works for us. Hubby still looks and keeps me informed without going into too much detail. I too am pleased to still have a job and my current 2-day schedule works absolutely fine for me. Doing my job from home would be the ultimate nightmare for me though. I loved joining you on your walk in the valley. How amazingly stunning is that bridge! That photograph with the sun's rays is fabulous. As is your outfit, such gorgeous jewel colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and I find that limiting our news updates is important too. It's so depressing and we end up feeling helpless and hopeless. Not a good combination!

      I'm glad you're happy about your work schedule, Ann.

      Yes, a walk to the valley always cheers me up. I look at that bridge almost every day and never get sick of the sight of it. X

      Delete
  2. Loving the colour palette of your outfit. How funny that you've got oranges growing despite it being Winter, we can't even grow them in the Summer!
    Positivity is so important, not only for your own mental health but for those around us.
    Stay safe! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vix, thank you for the compliment!
      Oranges grow in winter in Australia. I don't know about the UK. Don't they grow in winter too?

      I know, I'm trying to look after my mental health. After years of slowly learning about mental health and trying to look after my own, now is the time to put it all into practise. The big exam, I say! X

      Delete
  3. It's such a strange time, Jess! We can only sit back and watch (and of course, do what we can to help keep the spread down). It'll be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

    I adore your cord skirt! I just bought a suit in brown cord a couple of months ago, and I'm so eager to wear it! But summer first, ha ha! I loved seeing your pictures from your walk - those sunbeams!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shiela, I know, what a time to be alive!

      Cord is lovely, isn't it? Can't wait to see your brown cord suit - sounds marvelous.

      The sunbeams always amaze me too. X

      Delete
  4. It's so nice to hear that you and your students are doing well despite the circumstances, and that you're able to count your blessings- positivity is hard to muster up sometimes these days. I wish you the best of luck this crazy school year!
    Love the color combo in your outfit. I can't wait till it gets cooler here so I can layer and wear all my nice dark fall/winter colors, it's so hot where I am right now (about 34C here today)! I especially love what you did with the scarf. I recently inherited some of my grandmother's scarves and I never know how to wear them but I've made it my mission to give it a go when it gets colder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, thanks so much for visiting my blog!

      I know, positivity is so important. I thought I'd better practise what I preach!

      Oh how lovely that you got your grandmother's scarves. I would treasure them forever. Have you shared a photo of them on your blog? I'd love to see them. I wear mine almost every day in winter, but since it's summer where you are, you could wear them as headscarves. X

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea, I should do that (both the sharing and the wearing ;) )!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand