Rock on, Gold Dust Woman



Last Tuesday, I had a lovely day out to the country.
It started with an obligatory visit to the vintage market, where I found quite a few vintage treasures - some vintage plates, an orange Mexican bag and beaded sandals made in Italy. It was a day of finds! I've neglected to take photos of them but they'll appear in a blog post at some point. I was glad that the market wasn't too busy so it was easy to social distance.



After a quick stop at the fish and chip shop for a souvlaki (yum!), I noticed a botanical garden which I'd never visited before. It was so cold but that didn't stop me from strolling through the gorgeous forest. 

Tiptoeing down the hill was hilarious! Sure, I love these suede boots but they have absolutely no grip on the sole! I was unable to stop myself from sliding down the hill, laughing and squalling - it was so funny! When I found these unworn Trenery boots for $5 at a secondhand market a few years ago, I couldn't believe that someone would sell them before even wearing them as Trenery boots are $200+ in the shops. They must have noticed the lack of grip!




It was really nice to be surrounded by so much greenery and a little bit of sunshine that peeked through the trees.


I created this outfit with one purpose in mind: warmth!
 These crushed velvet culottes are my warmest pair of pants and this turtleneck is the kind of material that isn't breathable and traps in any heat. I wore my over-the-knee boots and threw on a beret and shawl on top for extra warmth. Despite all this, I was still shivering!


This bag is so fab! I love the beads and the caramel colour. It was $15 at a secondhand market. It still had the tags on it, I think it was originally from Zara.


This shawl was fun to twirl around in. It reminds me of the ever fabulous Stevie Nicks.


The shawl/ poncho queen:




It's been raining the last few days and I've been staying home. 
What have you been up to?





Comments

  1. Your day out to the country sounds wonderful and very relaxing and the fact that it included a visit to a not too crowded vintage market only makes it better. I'm looking forward to seeing your finds! Your outfit is gorgeous as well as looking warm and cozy! I'm loving those velvet culottes and the handbag is the stuff of dreams. I'm hearing you on the gripless boots, though.I once went to a flea market wearing boots without any grip. On the way home we decided to stop at a park which looked like a winter wonderland. I'd forgotten about the boots, so that walk was quite a precarious journey! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Ann. With boots like ours, we've got to be careful! X

      Delete
  2. That looks like a lovely little side trip after your thrift shopping! Can't wait to see what you got. I love the boots - you can buy self-adhesive stick-on grips for the soles at any cobbler (the best brand is Topy). You wouldn't want to seriously wipe out in those!

    I adore the shawl - very Stevie! I must wear my fringed kimono soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo thanks for the stick on grips suggestion, Shiela. I'd live to see your fringed shawl on your blog. X

      Delete
  3. You look so much like your lovely Mum in these photos, Jess! That's a fab outfit. I have a near-identical shawl I always take to Greece with me just in case the evenings are chilly.
    Looking forward to seeing your finds. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. We're practically twins- haha! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand