Well, it's my birthday too, yeah

May is the month of birthdays in my home, with my mum's last week and mine this week. My family and I went to Daylesford for a stroll through the countryside. I love this lily pad behind me. It looks marvellous in summer.



There were very few people about as it was cold and wet. Even my sturdy cowboy boots didn't stop me from slipping several times on the slippery moss. 


A peacock decided it wanted to be best friends with my umbrella and menacingly followed my mum and I around, much to her delight and my terror!


We had some souvlakis, chicken burgers and hot chips for lunch. My favourite vintage mills market was closed so we entertained ourselves by walking around Lake Daylesford and laughing over one joke or another. There were more people out and about so we all remained socially distanced. 


This outfit kept me warm!
Coat ($4) and vintage bag ($7): Op-shopped.
Earrings and turtleneck: retail.
Boots ($10) and cord pants ($5): Second hand market finds.
Hat: gift from my nonna and it was handmade by a friend of hers.
Leopard umbrella: Xmas present.


On my actual birthday last Wednesday, I worked at school in the morning and left work early to plan from home for the rest of the day. My first week back at work has been good - I'm thankful to be back teaching my lovely students face-to-face and seeing my work friends.



Later in the day, I celebrated with cake and balloons. I was spoilt with Krispy Kreme donuts, a funny and sweet card, an amethyst ring, money and a milk frother (which I'm now obsessed with)!



I'm so thankful for the lovely birthday wishes, messages and phone calls I received. I feel so loved. I wish I could share a Krispy Kreme and Macedonian tulumbi with all of you.

How has your week been?


Comments

  1. Happy birthday Jess! That first photo, with the lily pond behind you, is just magical! And isn't your outfit gorgeously Autumnal? Sounds like you had a perfect day! So glad your return to the classroom went well. Loving the sight of those donuts, they look really yummy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, they were delicious. And I can never go past a beautiful lily pad. X

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you, Jess! How lovely to share your birthday month with your mum.
    Daylesford looks just as tranquil and lovely in the Autumn as it does in the Summer sunshine and despite the antiques centre being closed it certainly sounded like a perfect day out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous Vix! Sorry for the late response. For some reason I missed these comments. X

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jess! Looks like you had a great time at the park - peacocks are such funny birds (we have them here too). Love your leopard brolly, and you are looking fabulous in your leopard dress! Ooh, those Krispy Kremes look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Shiela! Sorry for the late response. For some reason I missed these comments. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand