When I'm sad, you're a clown

Okay, now that all my before-the-virus-took-over-the-world blog posts have been published, I can finally get to what I've been up to during this stay-at-home isolation period.


My mum, sister and I have been going on nature walks. We went to the Organ Pipes National Park (last visited here in 2018), named so because about a million years ago, lava flowered over Mount Holden and created what looks like organ pipes. 



When babysitting my twin cousins, we took them for numerous bush walks. We were thrilled to have found a nearby oasis - one of the silver linings to all this isolation is that we're getting more time to appreciate nature and discover nearby national parks that we didn't pay much attention to before. 










On a day that I was feeling down, my mum cajooled me into having some fun dressing up as our favourite 60s/70s fashionistas and dancing around the house. The week before, we had fun dancing and singing to Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty's Stop Dragging My Heart Around (watch here)





I've always admired Stevie's style and took inspiration from some photos from the 70s where she wore satin shirts with big sleeves and lots of gemstone jewellery.



And a week later, we dressed up as Cher and sang I Got You Babe (click here to watch).



I love how Cher wore lots of turquoise jewellery in the 70s and I took inspiration from her white outfit, blue eye-shadow and headscarf.


Source                                                       Source




If you're having a hard day, I recommend watching these and having some silly fun yourself!






More practically, we've been eating what's in the fridge and only venturing to the supermarket for the bare necessities (milk, fresh fruit and veg). We even made gnocchi. My mum's been making bread, which I think a lot more people have been also making to avoid going to the supermarkets so frequently. My sister made garlic croutons from the days old bread and we ate it with eggs for breakfast.

 Another silver lining is that everyone has been forced to think in more resourceful ways. I think that people like my grandparents have always been very practical and not wasteful and I have a lot of respect for them. Now it seems that everyone is catching up to their way of thinking. 



I've been reading and thoroughly enjoying Johnny Cash's autobiography. I've been listening to my records, cleaning the house, calling my friends and I've even learnt how to video call which my nonna is thrilled about. I really miss visiting her but thank goodness there is technology that allows you to visually connect with people.





We also had Easter at home and I just had to share some photos of my mum's cute Easter display. We video-called our family friends and had a quite lunch at home. We even made an Italian Easter cake called pastiera. My mum's Italian and it's a tradition we keep every year. 


I hope your Easter/Isolation period has been okay. X

Title: I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.

Comments

  1. What a stunning place the Organ Pipes National Park is. I do wish we had some open country on our doorstep, as I am craving nature walks, but there's nothing nearby, and we are being discouraged from making un-essential car drives. How lovely you have your Mum to cheer you up and cajole you in having fun dressing up. Your Stevie Nicks channeling outfit is gorgeous! I'm also loving your Cher inspired one. Keeping oneself occupied at home and being more resourceful must be one of the isolation upsides. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. I'm really grateful for nearby nature parks.
      We had so much fun dressing up! X

      Delete
  2. Goodness me, how lucky are you to have that nature reserve on your doorstep? That must be balm for the soul being amongst such loveliness.
    Well done to your Mum for keeping ypu motivated and in good spirits, love the satin number and how lovely you look in a headscarf with the white dress - I usually look like a demented cleaning lady when I attempt headscarves!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we're so lucky to have lovely spots of nature nearby.

      Thanks for the compliments, Vix. I think I'll have to pull out the headscarf a bit more. A demented cleaning lady?! Surely not! That made me laugh! X

      Delete
  3. How lovely that you have those parks so close to you! I'm in so much more of an urban environment and many of the green spaces have been closed, as people are not socially distancing properly.

    I love your themed outfits! They both look amazing, but I think the Stevie Nicks one is my favourite - you look stunning in gobs of jewelry! Mmm...I'm drooling over the gnocchi and that pie your Mum made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. It was fun dressing up!

      The gnocchi and pastiera pie was delicious! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand