If you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need

Hello! How are you all out there?

I have started working online and the first couple of days were a huge learning curve, I was so stressed about it all. I had days where I spent 9 straight hours on my laptop, trying to get everything right. Thank goodness for my mum and sister who made me breakfast and lunch. 

I didn't have time to photograph their lovely meals but here's some breakfasts I made on the weekend. 



I'm so glad that my wonderful grade 1s are starting to get the hang of learning online and I am so thankful for the parents and siblings who are helping my students, as they are still at an age where they are learning to read and use computers.



Outfit details:
Vintage vest- Daylesford Mills Market.
Turtleneck (made in Italy!) - Secondhand market, $5.
Bakelite bangles: Opshopped for $2! (orange) and an eBay find for $15.
Coral bracelet: Secondhand market in my favourite place, Sydney.
Butterfly brooch: Someone left it behind when selling their car years ago at my dad's work and he brought it home for me.
Awesome orange boots and jeans - Retail, years ago.




On weekends, I have been pottering around the garden, messaging some of my friends and going on walks with my mum around the neighbourhood or to the valley.


This was my first time wearing my vintage, hand embroidered vest (that was made in Hungary!!!).

Isn't it special?


I bought it because it reminds me of one of my Baba's that was given to my sister and I after she passed away. Hers is black wool like this one but it doesn't have embroidery. If I recall correctly, my Baba made it more than 50 years ago in Macedonia, using sheep wool. Unfortunately it's too small on me, so I practically pounced on this Hungarian version that I found in Daylesford.

 My embroidery

My sister's embroidery

My sister and I are participating in an online embroidery class and we are getting so good at creating flowers! We have learnt different stitches such as the back stitch, side stitch, flower fan, French knot, lazy daisy and round pinwheel. I am so proud of my creation and will probably be embroidering pillow cases and pieces of clothing soon. For our last online session, we were asked to wear pink, so this is what I wore:


Pink dress, pink lips and some pink detail in my scarf! Plus I had a hot chocolate in my pink teacup during the workshop. Go full on pink, or go home, I say! 

Anyway, back to our walk to the valley. There were hundreds of butterflies everywhere. I used to be TERRIFIED of butterflies (probably because I was traumatised after a school excursion to the zoo where we had to stay in the stinking hot butterfly house, oh the terror!) 


Turns out I'm not so scared of butterflies anymore. In fact, they've been on my mind as I'm keen to collect butterfly brooches after watching Devyn Crimson's video on Pattie Boyd's most iconic looks. I'm fascinated by how Pattie often used butterfly clips to clip blouses together or as a decoration.


Aside from that, I've been savouring every moment I can spend in the garden, taking in the sunshine.

I picked all the persimmons and peppers off our plants.




I adore all the flowers in our backyard. I've been keeping a little vase of roses by my bedside and it makes me so happy just looking at them.











My uncle's girlfriend Leanne also sent some Easter cookies our way. She made them herself. Isn't she amazing?! 



I also watched The Rolling Stones perform 'You can't always get what you want' for the isolation fundraiser show One World: Together At Home.


Source

 Oh my goodness, I LOVED it! Mum and I were excited to get a peek into their homes! We loved Charlie's vinyl collection and his varnished door, as well as Keith's red couches and curtains and Mick's paintings
They sounded FANTASTIC! We reminisced about seeing them live in 2014. It was such a memorable night.


Did you watch One World: Together At Home?



Comments

  1. Oh, that breakfast you made looks delicious! And you are so blessed having your Mum and sister look after you while you were slogging away on your laptop. I'm sure it can't be easy working with your pupils in such a totally new way, both for you and them. You're looking fab in your jeans and red turtleneck and that embroidered vest is simply divine. As are those bangles. Doing an online embroidery course sounds like the perfect diversion. I saw the Rolling Stones performance too, wasn't it fabulous? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I love making delicious things for breakfast. I'm so grateful for my mum and sister, always, especially now.

      I really enjoyed the embroidery course and started my next project today.

      Oh the Stones were FABULOUS! X

      Delete
  2. Your breakfat is making me hungry! Aren't you a lucky girl with your mum and sister loking after you while you work from home?
    I love your Hungarian waistcaot, it's perfect with your jeans, bangles and polo neck, the perfect 1970s casual look.
    Look at all that fresh produce, those pretty blooms and those incredible biscuits, what a talented lady she is.
    I didn't watch that concert but a friend messaged me to say that Keith Richards must be my neighbour as he had plastic palm trees in his house! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vix. Expect more food photos in my posts. And outfit photos, of course!
      Haha, that was Ronnie with the plastic palm tree! Too funny! X

      Delete
  3. I love your meals - they look amazing and delicious. Your vintage vest is incredible. You are taking me back to my childhood with all this embroidery - it's something my mom taught me at a very young age, and I did all kinds of embroidery kits, and did it on pillowcases too! Yours looks excellent, very well done.

    Gorgeous scenery pictures - you're lucky to have so much wilderness you can get to, Jess! Glad to hear you are getting used to working online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You embroidered too?! I am so impressed with myself every time I finish an embroidery creation.
      It's been so cold this past week, I haven't gone for a walk in nature at all. I miss it. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand