Someone told me long ago, there's a calm before the storm

As I mentioned on Instagram, thanks so much for your kind messages about the fires. They are still devastating New South Wales and parts of Victoria. It has been heart warming to see so many Australians support one another through donations and of course all the hard work from firefighters, the army and volunteers.


I'd like to go back in time and share some holiday memories before the fires cut our holiday short as we had to leave in a hurry.

The trip up to Eden took 8 hours by car and thankfully I slept for most of the way and briefly woke up to have our annual breakfast at McDonald's (I'm not a fan of McDonald's - my family and I only do this once a year) where I swapped my usual hash brown for a cheese and tomato toastie. 

Day 2 in Eden started with a morning beach walk with my mum and pancakes for breakfast.


My family and I strolled through Eden's strip of shops and passed the Mary MacKillop museum which used to be a church.



 I love the blue accents around the doors and how it is on a hill overlooking the ocean. 


I wore my bright pink wrap with my turquoise ring (Xmas present) and bangle.



My mum loves Mary statues and she's always wanted to put several in the bathroom to create the ultimate kitsch look!


I spent the rest of the afternoon reading Paula Yates' Village People, having a nap, walking on the beach with my sister, playing on the soccer table with my dad and then watching a live performer sing classic songs such as 'TNT', 'Here Comes the Sun' and my favourite 'Have You Ever Seen the Rain?'


And there you have it, my title for today's post. 
See you next week for a continuation of holiday posts. 

Comments

  1. Eden looks like a very idyllic place, and looking at your photos it's almost unimaginable that your holiday was cut short by the encroaching fires. I'm loving your outfit: both the wrap dress and the bag are seriously swoon-worthy. I'm also loving that church turned into a museum, the blue accents around the windows are delightful. I'm also quite partial to Mary statues, and we have a whole collection of kitschy Lourdes memorabilia, which I must show again on my blog some time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ann.

      I love being by a beach and I'm always up for visiting a cute church/museum.

      Ooo, I'm eager to see your statue collection one day. X

      Delete
  2. The first time I heard of Eden was with a BBC news report about the bush fires, how love;y to see it in its usual glory. No wonder its a favourite place, it's gorgeous.
    Talking of gorgeous your wrap dress is fab, the ideal frock for a beach holiday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix.

      Eden is so beautiful, like any beach town.

      The wrap dress came in handy, just put it on and off you go. Fabulous look with minimal effort - just my style! X

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great trip! I am sooo sorry for the animals that caught fire, both died or eutanized or in treatment. 😭😭😭
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    Ig @wonky.pots

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds