Smoke on the Water


Day 4 in Eden started out with a morning swim. I really enjoyed boogie boarding, floating on the waves and sliding into the sand (and getting sand burn). 




We went for a drive to the Eden wharf and walked around, taking in the beautiful sights. The end of the wharf was fascinating and it reminded me of a Freddie Mercury statue that was built in front of a lake in Montreal. 


At the ocean lookout, my mum and I got talking to a sweet elderly lady who was walking her dog. Her son said that he'd moved back to Australia from New Zealand to live near his mum in Merimbula. He said that he took his mum for a walk to the beach every day, which is just about the sweetest thing I'd ever heard. For 3 weeks over Christmas time, the town is filled with tourists, he said, and then they have the beach to themselves for the rest of the year. It was lovely to chat to them.

Hello from the lookout!


For dinner we went to a local Chinese restaurant and I had prawns in garlic sauce. You'd think I'm pregnant (I'm not!) because I often crave prawns. In the evening, we watched our cabin neighbours play a rowdy game of cricket. I had front row seats and kept my eye on the ball in case it came hurtling my way. 


Outfit details:
Dress- Tigerlily, used to be my mum's but she didn't want it anymore.
Clogs and straw bag- Bought retail years ago. These clogs have to be my most comfortable pair of summer shoes. I wear them practically everyday at work.
Sunglasses- Op-shopped for a dollar.
Bangle - Op-shopped for a few dollars.
Turquoise ring- Market find and a Xmas present.


Thanks so much for visiting. I'll share my last holiday post next week. X



The literal relevance of this song is a bit spooky. Whilst it was starting to get smoky at this point, it was nothing in comparison to what was to come. We passed this big boat on the Eden wharf and only a couple of days later this is what it looked like when Eden was declared no longer safe.


Comments

  1. The relevance of that song is quite spooky indeed!
    I'm absolutely loving your dress, though, can't believe your Mum didn't want it anymore. Also loving your red striped bathing suit, and I admit I'd have worn red lipstick too. Nothing wrong with that, or with taking pride in your appearance. Vain sounds too strong a word, surely? Oh, and I really thought it was Freddie's statue! xxx P.S. Love that photo of you with your Mum and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann.

      I like how the dress looks in these photos but I actually sold it yesterday because it's one of those clingy dresses where you have to hold your tummy in all day which I find very annoying.

      There's absolutely nothing wrong in taking pride in your appearance, I agree. I just joke about vanity. X

      Delete
  2. That is a lovely dress - it looks great on you. I love that wore red lipstick to go with your red bathing suit - I would have done that too! Nothing wrong with putting your best foot forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Shiela. I actually let the dress go but photos will remain here so I can remember it.
      Red lipstick makes everything better! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds