You gotta say what you say, don't let anybody get in your way


Last night I went to see Liam Gallagher perform! I bought tickets for my mum and I to go, so I rushed home from, we quickly ate dinner and practised our dance moves in the back yard, as you do.  



Then off we went! I am such a nana and hate going out on a "school night" and of course I was yawning at 9.30pm! We watched Sydney band Planet open the show, with Gerry Cinnamon playing after them. He bounced around the stage and made the crowd go wild. I had no clue who he was, but everyone seemed to know his songs.


My mum and I must have stood out in a sea of people wearing black, or parkas (a nod to Liam's iconic look) and there were even a few guys with Oasis style haircuts and sunglasses (!!!).



Finally at 9.30pm, Liam got on stage and I was in my element. Everyone was up and out of their seats for the entire show and I had a blast singing and dancing along to the songs. The crowd was so eager and a little wild, with people crowd surfing and literally being flung into the stage barriers (ouch!).

The set list was:
Rock 'n' Roll Star
Halo
Shockwave
Wall of Glass
Morning Glory
Colombia
Stand by Me
Once
Why Me? Why Not
The River
Gas Panic!
Wonderwall (in which Liam made everyone laugh by changing the lyrics to 'There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't speak Australian-ISH!')
Acquiesce
Roll with It
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Supersonic


Towards the end of the show, Liam announced that there was a time restriction on the show and asked the crowd whether he should do Supersonic or Champagne Supernova for the encore. Before the audience could respond, he launched into Supersonic, only for the sound to be cut off half way through the song. I could not believe it. In all the concerts I've been to, I've never seen this happen.

It made the news this morning and apparently the council had a noise pollution restriction with a sharp 11pm finish time. Nevermind, you've got to roll with it after all and it was still a memorable night.

Outfit details:
Boots and belt: Secondhand market finds
Dress: hand me down from mum.
Earrings: Sportsgirl sale.


See you next week. 
X


Comments

  1. How thrilling that you got to see Liam Gallagher in concert! You and your Mum must have stood out quite a bit in the crowd. Your dress is an absolute dream, and a hand me down from your lovely Mum and all. Loved to see you practising your dance moves ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely. We had a good time. X

      Delete
  2. Yay! You got to see Liam.
    That lights going out when the gig's still going on happens a fair bit here. I remember Pete Doherty being carried off stage when we saw Babyshambles back in the noughties. Hilarious! Loving both yours and your Mum's dresses. There's a company in the UK called All About Audrey who make very similar style from old sari fabric, I reckon you & your Mum would love them (lots of my friends are loyal customers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vix! I was so excited and really enjoyed it.
      I still can't believe the sound was turned off.
      All About Audrey sounds interesting. X

      Delete
  3. Oh, how fun, that sounds like an amazing show - that really sucks that they turned the sound off! :-O We have noise restrictions here too, but to actually cut the sound? Why not just let them play and then fine them?

    I totally missed the era of Oasis, and "Wonder Wall" is the only song I know by them.

    LOVE your dresses - you and Mum look lovely. I'm also quite taken with your fun earrings! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? At least let them finish the song, I thought.

      I missed the Oasis era too, as I was being born and all! But I discovered their music and Liam's solo work within the last couple of years.

      I love the big earrings too. The only thing is that costume jewellery really irritates my ears. I can only ever wear them once in a while. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand